Would you like to buy a house? It is always good to buy a house instead of residing in a rented apartment. Its peaceful staying in your own house. Buying a home is a very crucial financial decision because of the high cost involved. Sometimes, the cost of a property may go beyond a crore. You have to check many things before buying a house to be on the safer house.
Want to know more on Residential Apartments? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
See Also: Things to Know Before Buying a Residential Apartment
10 Things To Consider Before Buying A Home
The article outlines 10 important aspects to be checked.
- Appoint a legal consultant/lawyer by paying his or her consultation fees to check if all the property and land documents are in order. Many home buyers don’t hire a lawyer and end up with legal issues at a later stage. The property you’re going to buy has to be legally compliant if you must sell in the future. However, hiring a lawyer is essential to avoid all these hassles.
- Do not forget to compute the overall cost of property ownership. It includes registration fees, stamp duty, maintenance costs, traveling expenses, property taxes, (including parking charges), infrastructure costs and so on. This enables you plan and manage finances well.
- If you are buying an under-construction apartment, an important aspect that must be considered is the actual usable area. Under the difference between carpet area, built- up area and super built-up area. Check if you are comfortable with the space you actually use.
- Check if existing occupants in the same building are comfortable residing with you. They must be like-minded and share common interests. Conflicts may arise if you don’t pay attention to this detail. Some buildings may have 1 BHK, 2 BHK or 3 BHK apartments. Understand your neighbors better for a healthy living.
- You buy a house either to reside or to give on rent. If you’re planning to rent it out, you must perform multiple checks to ensure that it is an ideal property. Tenants want shopping malls, schools, colleges, hospitals, working places, vegetable stalls, railway stations, bus stations, cinema theaters close to their home. Consider this point before renting out the apartment.
- You have to be very cautious when buying an under-construction property. Speak to the residents of the location to check if basic amenities (water supply and power supply) are in order. Check the level of safety. Check for overall convenience.
- Don’t pick a house in a noisy area. The atmosphere has to be people-friendly. You don’t want your family suffering from diseases because of air and noise pollution.
- When buying a house as an investment, look at the possibility of an appreciation. Look for upcoming projects and their feasibility. If your house is near a metro station or an IT hub, the property value appreciates quickly.
- Get an idea on the brand reputation of the builder and get feedback from people who have already bought apartments in the building.
- As a first-time home loan buyer, you have many home loan lenders like banks, NBFCs and HFCs to choose from. Maintain a good credit score and check credit report and score before availing home loan. IndianMoney.com has tied up with Experian to give you the credit report and credit score, free of cost.
See Also: How To Buy A Flat?
You May Also Watch
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.