The RBI will soon release the new Rs 50 denomination banknotes. These Rs 50 notes will be in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. They will have the signature of the RBI Governor, Urjit Patel, as stated by an RBI press release.
Relax....Your old Rs 50 notes issued by the RBI in the earlier series, will continue to remain legal tender. You will find both the old and new notes in circulation, once the new batch comes out. These new Rs 50 notes will be fluorescent blue in color and slightly smaller and slimmer than the existing Rs 50 notes.
1. See through register with denominational numeral 50.
2. Denominational numeral in Devnagari.
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre.
4. Micro letters 'RBI', BHARAT in Devnagri, 'INDIA' and '50'.
5. There is a windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions 'BHARAT' in Devnagri and RBI.
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards the right of the Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks.
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
The dimensions of your new Rs 50 note will be 66mm x 135mm. You must be well familiar with the new Rs 2000 and Rs 500 notes issued after demonetization. The height of the new Rs 50 note is the same as the new Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes, issued after demonetization. The width is lesser than the new Rs 500 banknote.
1. Year of printing of the note on the left.
2. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.
3. Language panel.
4. Motif of Hampi with Chariot.
5. Denominational numeral 50 in Devnagari.
These notes are a fluorescent blue in color and the motif of Hampi with the chariot on the reverse, depicts India's rich cultural heritage.
Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice / education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
The research team at IndianMoney.com comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. IndianMoney.com research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Hello friend! I am your personal financial advisor. By the end of this interactive session, I will help you to plan yours and your family's finances to ensure a better future.