Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India, projected at Rs 1,13,000 Crores. This was launched with an aim of preparing India for a knowledge based transformation and delivering Governance to citizens by synchronized and coordinated engagement through both Central and State Governments. Digital India is centered on three key areas – digital infrastructure as a utility for every citizen, governance and services on demand, and digital empowerment of individuals.
Digital India Platform
The Digital India Platform was launched on July 1st, 2015 as part of the Digital India campaign. Digital India Platform (DIP), is targeted to provide digitization services for scanned document images or physical documents for any organization. The aim is to digitize and make use of all the existing content in various formats and media, languages, digitize and create data extracts for documents management, IT applications and records management.
DIP offers a solution by combining artificial intelligence and a cost effective crowd sourcing model. It features a secure and automated platform for processing and extracting relevant data from document images, in a format that is usable for meta-data tagging, IT application processing and analysis.
Digitize India Platform (DIP) provides an opportunity for government agencies to transform themselves into digital enterprises and for Digital Contributors, rewards for doing basic data entry jobs. It is targeted to leverage DIP to lead all the organizations towards a paperless office, make data available on demand to the citizens, free archived documents storage spaces and enhancing digital public service delivery.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
SEE ALSO: Aadhaar Card Address Change Online
Digital India: Everything You Need To Know
Digital India Programs
Digital India campaign was launched with a view of providing governance electronically, E-Governance. Below mentioned are the programs under Digital India:
- Digi Locker: This service was launched as an important facility, to store critical documents like Voter ID Card, Pan Card, BPL Card, Driving License, education certificates and so on in cloud.
- MyGov.in: The portal works as an online platform to engage citizens in governance through Discuss, Do and Disseminate approach.
- eSign Framework: This enables users to digitally sign a document online using Aadhaar authentication.
- Swach Bharat Mission mobile app: This app enables organizations and citizens to access information regarding the cleanliness drive and achieve goals of the mission.
- National Scholarship Portal: This initiative has made scholarship process hassle-free, from submitting the application till disbursal to the end beneficiary, everything related to government scholarships is enabled on this single online portal.
- eHospital: Online Registration System under this initiative has enabled people to access services like online payment of fees, appointment booking, online diagnostic reports, checking on the availability of blood online and so on.
- Digital India: High Speed Internet Connectivity, Bharat Net: Under this initiative, a high-speed digital highway connects all 2,50,000 gram panchayats across the country. This is the world’s largest rural broadband project using optical fiber technology.
- Wi-Fi Hotpots: Development of high speed BSNL Wi-Fi hotspots across the country is a very ambitious initiative. It is targeted at improving the digital connectivity across the country.
- Next Generation Network: It is launched by BSNL, this service replaces 30-year old telephone exchanges to manage all types of services like voice, data, multimedia and other ways of communication.
- Electronics Development Fund: The funds will be raised to support the manufacturing of electronic products that will help create new jobs and reduce the quantity of imports. The funds will promote innovation, research and product development to create a pool of resource within the country.
- Center Of Excellence On Internet Of Things (IoT): In a partnership with NASSCOM, DeitY and ERNET in Bangalore, Centre of Excellence would enable rapid adoption of IoT technology to encourage a new growth strategy. IoT helps citizens in services like transport system, parking, electricity, waste management, water management and women’s safety to create smart cities, smart health services, smart manufacturing, smart agriculture and so on.
SEE ALSO: Things You Should Know About Term Insurance Plans Premium Calculators
Digital India App
Digital India Mobile App is a mobile application, developed to provide easy access to information under Digital India Programme, through smartphones and smart gadgets. Through Mobile App, the latest status, quiz, contest, discussion forum and so on are accessible. Any latest update on Digital India portal would be notified to the registered users by pop-ups.
Advantages of Digital India
- Creation of digital infrastructure and electronic manufacturing plants across India.
- Digital empowerment of native Indian citizens.
- Delivery of all Government Services electronically (E-Governance).
- A Digital Identification which will verify the end user.
- A mobile application accessible worldwide to all services.
- Bank account for immediate benefit transfer of subsidies and payments.
- The program also targets elimination of all electronic imports from foreign countries by 2020 and make India a electronic manufacturing super power.
- Reduction in documentation.
- Services provided through this are Digital Locker, e-education, e-health, e-sign and nationwide scholarship portal.
SEE ALSO: My Credit Score
Digital India Achievements
- Launch of the MyGov.in portal, with more than 19 Lakhs citizens interacting on it.
- Establishment of BharatNet for internet connectivity, using fiber cable technology.
- Training of 55 Lakhs citizens under the digital literacy programme.
- Enrollment of 15 Lakhs pensioners under Jeevan Pramaan, a biometric-enabled digital service.
- Initiation of the E-sign framework to digitally sign documents.
- Attracting tech giants, like Google, Microsoft, Qualcomm and Cisco, to participate in the Digital India and Smart City projects programmes.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to undertake large-scale installation of WiFi hotspots across India.
- Introduction of the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to enable citizens to carry online monetary transactions without issues.
- Launch of an exclusive job portal dedicated to differently abled individuals.
- Launch of Mahila-E-Haat programme to encourage aspiring women entrepreneurs.
- Introduction of free “mobile TV” by a public broadcaster, Doordarshan, to air free TV content without internet on mobile phones across 16 cities initially.
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.