A health insurance policy protects your finances during a medical emergency. It helps you enjoy timely and quality treatment at the best network hospitals in India. Today, the cost of medical treatment is really high and hospital bills increase the financial burden on your family. A good health insurance plan comes to your rescue in such situations.
You can remain stress-free as most health insurers offer the cashless facility. You don’t have to spend a single rupee from your pocket. Health insurers also cover pre and post-hospitalization and day-care procedures.
Want to know more on Health Insurance? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
1. Keep in Mind Your Requirements: The health insurance providers offer various types of health insurance policies to suit the requirements of different types of customers. Before finalizing on the health insurance policy, you must compare certain features and parameters. While going through the various health insurance policies online; you must enter details of the preferred benefits in the comparison tool.
Based on your requirements, the website will display a list of suitable plans along with features and benefits. Carefully compare the policy coverage, inclusions and exclusions, the sum assured and limitations of each health insurance policy. Choose the health insurance policy that benefits you and family and covers preferred or nearby hospitals. Check the waiting period of your policy to avail insurance benefits early.
See Also: Family Health Insurance Plan
2. Consider a Rider: A health insurance rider is an additional benefit that can be added to your existing health insurance plan to avail better coverage. The popular riders are room rent waiver, maternity rider, critical illness cover, personal accident rider and so on. You may add one or more riders as per convenience. Many people opt for critical illness rider to cope with a life threatening disease. You can also opt for the other riders as per your circumstances.
3. Go Through the Policy Documents Carefully: A good health insurance policy offers adequate coverage throughout the term. However, there are certain health conditions where the insurer has no obligations. These are known as exclusions and are mentioned in your policy documents. You must read the policy documents to avoid missing out on the important details. Before subscribing to any health insurance plan, go through the terms of your policy carefully to avoid any issues at a later time.
See Also: Health Insurance Plans
1. Do Not Conceal Any Important Information: Your first and foremost duty is to disclose all your existing medical conditions to the insurer. You must mention facts regarding your health like any surgery you underwent, or any disease you had in childhood, or any chronic illness. The policy premiums are also determined, based on your current medical condition. So refrain from hiding health-related facts from your insurer to avoid rejection of insurance claims.
2. Do Not Solely Depend on Your Employer-Provided Health Insurance Plan: People employed in the organized sector get health insurance coverage from their employer. But, it’s unwise to solely depend on company health insurance. These plans may not be adequate to meet the rising healthcare costs. Company health insurance stops when you change the job. A separate health insurance cover will shield you against various ailments and diseases according to your health condition.
3. Do Not Postpone Purchasing/Renewing Your Health Insurance Policy: It’s always wise to avail health insurance at a young age. You can avail the best health insurance plan available in the market, as young people are generally healthy. Your health insurance premiums are low and suit your budget. Do not wait for a medical emergency, to avail health insurance. Health Insurance also helps reduce your out-of-pocket expenses in case of emergency hospitalization. You also enjoy the No Claim Bonus if you don’t make a claim for the year.
In India, the rising costs of healthcare services are a matter of great concern. It’s wise to purchase a health insurance plan to reduce out-of-pocket expenses and avail adequate and quality treatment.
See Also: Health Insurance Premium Calculator
You May Also Watch
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.
The research team at IndianMoney.com comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. IndianMoney.com research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
This is to inform that Suvision Holdings Pvt Ltd ("IndianMoney.com") do not charge any fees/security deposit/advances towards outsourcing any of its activities. All stake holders are cautioned against any such fraud.