Driving Licence Online Application Form:
The process of applying for driving license online is both convenient and simple. Previously, an individual who wished to obtain a driving license had to go through the tedious process of going to the RTO office, filling up forms and so on. Today, an individual can fill the forms and submit them from the convenience of their homes.
Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
Driving Licence Online Application Form
Where is the DL Form Available?
A driving license is an important identification document and is a compulsory requirement for people who wish to drive a car or a motorcycle. The DL is issued by the regional transport office (RTO). To obtain the application form for the same, you need to visit the RTO office.
You can avail the form online by visiting the RTO official website. However, the online process of applying for the driving license depends on the state of residence. For the states which allow and accept online application process, an applicant can visit the official website and simply download the online application forms from the website. Once the form has been downloaded, the applicant can submit the duly-filled form along with the necessary documents.
Print Form for Driving Licence or Learner's Licence:
To print the driving licence application form the applicant must enter the details given below:
- Enter the application number and the date of birth.
- The applicant’s can download the forms that are displayed on the screen. They are: new learner’s license (form 2), new driving license (form 4), Addition of New Class of Vehicle to Driving License (Form 8), New Learner’s Driving License (Form 2, 4), Renewal of Driving License (Form 9).
Documents Required for RTO Form:
After the applicant has download the online driving license application form or physically collects the form from the RTO, the next step is filling up the documents with correct details and submitting it along with the necessary documents. There is a list of specific documents which the applicant must attach along with the form and submit to the RTO authorities, in order to obtain the driving licence. Given below is the list of the required documents:
- The duly filled and signed Application Form.
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Documents of the vehicle that will be used for the driving test.
- A Letter of consent from the owner of the vehicle being used for the driving test in case the applicant is not the owner of the vehicle.
- Passport-sized photos.
- Necessary Fees. The fees vary from one state to another state. You can find out the details of the rates and the fees from RTO authorities in your city.
Step by Step method for getting a Driving License:
Getting the driving license has become easier with the advent of the online application process. However, to avoid any confusion regarding filling up the form, follow the steps given below:
- The applicant must register on sarathi.nic.in
- Fill the form with proper details. Enter the details in the mandatory field marked in red.
- Click on the submit button. A message box pops-up that displays your application has been saved.
- The next step is to note the application number.
- Once the application form has been submitted, you must take an appointment with the authorities at the RTO office for the driving license.
- Click on the appointment for driving test that is conducted by the RTO.
- Click on the DL slot booking and choose DL slot test for online applicants.
- For this, you must login by entering the details of your application number and date of birth to fix the time slot for the driving test.
- Select the time and date as per your convenience and make sure to reach the venue on time to appear for the test.
SEE ALSO:Post complaints on IndianMoney if you are cheated by bank
Drivers Licence Related Application Forms:
The driving license form contains various fields that must be filled. The driving license form that must be downloaded is form 4. Below mentioned are the fields that are included in the Driving License application form.
- Type of vehicle: here the applicant must tick on the correct vehicle choice that he intends to get the license for.
- Particulars of the applicant: the applicant must provide all the personal details in this field like name, address and so on.
- Whether or not the applicant has held a driving licence in the past: if yes then the details must be provided in this field.
- If the applicant has been convicted of a criminal offence while holding the current licence: if there is an incident where the applicant has been convicted, then the details must be given.
- If the applicant has been disqualified for obtaining a license to drive: if there was any incident as such, then the details must be entered in this field. The applicant must mention why he was disqualified.
- If the applicant has been subjected to a driving test for fitness or ability to drive: if yes, then the details must be entered about the date of the test, testing authority and the result of the test.
An applicant must furnish the following documents:
- Learner’s licence
- Medical fitness certificate
- Date of application
- Signature or thumb impression of the applicant.
In the next step the applicant requires to provide the results of the driving test.
SEE ALSO:Education Loan Scheme By Narendra Modi- Vidya Lakshmi Portal
Procedure for applying Driving License online:
Given below is the procedure to apply for the driving license online:
- Visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- On the left hand side, you will see options under “Driving Licence”.
- Choose “Apply Online” option and choose “New Driving Licence” from the drop down menu.
- Please read the instructions carefully and click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Once you click on the “Continue” button, you will be asked if you are holding a Learner’s Licence, a Foreign DL, or a Defence Licence. Tick the appropriate box and proceed.
- Based on what you selected, you will be asked for the Learner’s Licence Number or Foreign DL Number or Defence Licence Number.
- Enter your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format.
- Once you fill the information asked, click on “OK”.
- In the next form, you must enter personal details like your name, age, and address.
- Once you click on all the details, you will be required to upload all the supporting documents like address proof, age proof, and identity proof.
- You also have to upload a passport size photograph and your signature. Please keep the scanned copies for the same ready.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, you will be asked to choose the timing for your DL appointment.
- Select the date and the time when you will be available to go directly to the RTO and appear for your DL test.
- The next step will be to make the payment to submit your driving licence application form. Once this is done, your application will be successfully sent to the RTO.
- On your appointment day, make sure to reach the venue on time and give your test.
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.