With the increasing use of Aadhaar in various documentation and authentication processes, holding and carrying important documents like Aadhaar daily, can be risky. With the increasing use of Aadhaar, there are chances of the documents getting misplaced or lost. What can be done in such a situation? Here’s a hassle free way to get a copy of the Aadhaar.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
To recover lost Aadhaar online, you need to have the registered mobile number or email id.
8. You will receive SMS or email on your mobile containing the Aadhaar number or enrolment number.
9. After getting the Aadhaar or enrolment number, visit the UIDAI website.
10. Select Aadhaar number or enrolment number.
11. Enter the required details.
12.OTP generated will be sent to your mobile number.
13. Enter OTP and click on “validate and generate”.
14. Your Aadhaar will be generated as a PDF file.
You can also get a duplicate copy of Aadhaar card using the offline method. The Aadhaar toll-free number is 1800-180-1947. You can follow the given processes to get offline Aadhaar:
1. Call the official toll free number of UIDAI.
2. Follow the IVR options and select the option to talk to the Aadhaar executive.
3. Place a request with the executive for a duplicate copy of the Aadhaar.
4. Answer the questions asked by the executive and verify your identity.
5. Once verified, the executive will raise a request and initiate the process.
6. A copy of the Aadhaar will be sent to the given residential address, through post.
In case you changed the mobile number or do not have the registered mobile number with you, visit the Aadhaar enrolment centre and request for a duplicate copy of the Aadhaar. Follow the below mentioned steps to get the duplicate Aadhaar:
1. Visit the Aadhaar enrolment centre.
2. Fill the Aadhaar correction form.
3. You can request the registrar to issue a duplicate copy of the Aadhaar by providing your Aadhaar number or enrolment number.
4. Verify your identity via biometrics and place a request for issuing the duplicate Aadhaar.
5. After processing your request, the Aadhaar generated will be sent to your postal address.
Aadhaar can be used as a versatile document to provide proof of identity, address and age. It is a paperless document, the details of which can be availed online or through your mobile phone. There are several other benefits that can be availed through the use of Aadhaar. They are as follows:
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.
The research team at IndianMoney.com comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. IndianMoney.com research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
This is to inform that Suvision Holdings Pvt Ltd ("IndianMoney.com") do not charge any fees/security deposit/advances towards outsourcing any of its activities. All stake holders are cautioned against any such fraud.