Aadhaar card is a unique document issued by the government that can be used both as an identity and address proof. Carrying an important document like Aadhaar on a day to day basis can be risky. There are times when documents gets misplaced or lost. That’s when e-Aadhaar is a savior.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
E-Aadhaar Card – Download, Print Online and Benefits
What is e-Aadhaar Card?
E- Aadhaar is a digitized form of the Aadhaar card that can be downloaded from the official website of UIDAI. The applicant who applies for the Aadhaar card after submitting the biometric and demographic details will be given an acknowledgement slip that carries the Aadhaar enrolment number. The enrolment number is used to track the status of Aadhaar card.
The e-Aadhaar card is an equally valid document like the physical copy of the Aadhaar card. The electronic version of the Aadhaar has a protected password and the information contained is secure. An individual needs to provide enrolment ID, virtual identification number (VID) or the Aadhaar number, to download the password protected E-Aadhaar card from the UIDAI web site.
Benefits of e-Aadhaar:
- E-Aadhaar has a password protection feature that ensures no one misuses the information of the applicant.
- E Aadhaar serves as an identity and address proof across India.
- E-Aadhaar is available online and can be accessed at any time.
- Individuals do not have to worry on losing their card as it is virtually available and cannot be misplaced.
- It is a paperless document available online and can be accessed whenever required.
- Any resident of the country can reap benefits offered by the government like LPG Subsidy and Government Schemes once they provide Aadhaar Card details.
- Details on Aadhaar card can be accessed online using the mobile phone.
- Aadhaar is a digitally certified document provided to the residents of India by the Union Government. A physical copy is issued to the resident as well as the E-Aadhaar copy which is available online on the UIDAI portal.
How to download e-Aadhaar?
Listed below are the steps that an individual must follow to download e-Aadhaar card:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on “download Aadhaar” option.
- Select Enrollment ID option and enter the required details
- Enter the 14 digit enrolment number
- Enter the other details like name, pin code and so on.
- Select ‘get one time password’ option to get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP
- Select ‘validate and download’ button to download Aadhaar card
- The Aadhaar card will be downloaded in PDF format on the computer
SEE ALSO: Steps To Link Aadhaar Number To Mobile Phone Using IVR
How to download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number:
To download and print the E-Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ option listed under ‘My Aadhaar’.
- Click on the ‘Aadhaar’ option under ‘Enter your Personal Details’ section.
- Click on ‘Regular Aadhaar’ and enter your Aadhaar number along with your PIN Code and Address.
- Next select ‘Request OTP Option’ to generate an OTP.
- Enter the OTP you receive on your registered phone number.
- Click on ‘OK’ to complete the process
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ to download online Aadhaar card.
Steps to Download Aadhaar Card by Virtual ID (VID):
The Virtual ID is a safety feature introduced by the UIDAI. It is a 16 digit number randomly generated and is used to authenticate the process. It helps safeguard the Aadhaar number in case card holders do not want to disclose during verification process.
This is one of the recent facilities added to the UIDAI Aadhaar Downloading Portal. To download Aadhaar card using Virtual ID online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ option
- Click on ‘VID’ option listed under “I Have” section
- Enter your Virtual ID along with full name, PIN Code and security code.
- Next click on “Send OTP” to get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- You can also use the TOTP feature to authenticate your request.
- E-Aadhaar will be downloaded to your system.
- You can access it by entering Aadhaar card password.
- The password contains first four letters of your name in CAPITALS and “Year of Birth”.
- On entering the password a PDF file opens.
- Enter the 8 digit password to open the PDF file containing your Aadhaar card.
How to Download e-Aadhaar from DigiLocker Account?
DigiLocker is a secure cloud based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents and certificates. DigiLocker targets the idea of paperless governance, thus eliminating the need for physical documents. To register with Digi Locker, the users must have Aadhaar Card. The DigiLocker account can be used only after linking it with Aadhaar number. Follow the steps mentioned below to download Aadhaar from DigiLocker account:
- Login to your DigiLocker account.
- Click on “Sign In” button and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Click on ‘Verify’ to get ‘OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Click ‘Verify OTP’.
- ‘Issued Document’ page appears.
- Download ‘e-Aadhaar’ using ‘Save’ icon
How to Download Masked Aadhaar:
Masked Aadhaar is a unique option provided by the UIDAI, where the Aadhaar holder may choose to hide the 12 digit unique identification number in the downloaded Aadhaar or eAadhaar card. This is a new feature introduced by the UIDAI in a bid to make Aadhaar safer. Masked Aadhaar is an equally valid document as regular/eAadhaar card. Follow the steps below to download masked Aadhaar:
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Click on ‘Enter your Personal Details”
- Select Aadhaar/ VID/ Enrolment Number
- Select ‘Masked Aadhaar’ listed under ‘Select your Preference” section
- Enter details like name, Aadhaar number, PIN code and captcha code
- Click on “Request OTP” to get OTP
- Enter OTP to complete the process
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ option to download the Masked Aadhaar card
Get Aadhaar Card without Registered Mobile Number:
It is important to register your mobile number with your Aadhaar card. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, you can follow the steps below to get Aadhaar card without registered mobile number:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Provide your Aadhaar number.
- Provide your bio-metric details i.e. thumb impression and iris scan.
- Carry other identification proof like voter ID card and PAN card.
- Once the verification is completed, the executive gives you the printed Aadhaar card.
- You can print out Aadhaar in a normal paper form or PVC form.
- A normal paper form will charge Rs 50, while the PVC version costs Rs 100.
Steps to Download e-Aadhaar through UMANG App:
Outlined below are the steps to download eAadhaar through the UMANG app on smartphones. The UMANG app can be downloaded from the Google play store. The process is simple and user friendly:
- Download and Login to the UMANG app
- Click on ‘Aadhaar card’ listed below the services tab
- Click on ‘View Aadhaar Card from DigiLocker’
- Provide your Aadhaar number after logging on to your DigiLocker account
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- Click on ‘Verify OTP’
- Download your Aadhaar card by clicking on the download option.
SEE ALSO: Child Aadhaar Enrolment
How to Know Your Aadhaar Number on Mobile:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Enter your 14-digit Enrolment ID and the Date and Time of Enrolment mentioned on your acknowledgment slip.
- Enter your registered mobile number and security code.
- Click the “Send OTP” tab to process further.
- You will receive the 6-digit OTP on your registered number.
- Enter the “OTP” and click the “Submit” button.
- You will receive the Aadhaar number on your registered mobile number as a text message.
How to print e-Aadhaar?
If your Aadhaar card gets stolen or misplaced, you can visit the official UIDAI website and download a copy of the Aadhaar. When the Aadhaar card gets downloaded in a password protected PDF file, enter the password which is either the pin code of your residential address or an 8 digit number that is the combination of the first four letters of your name and year of birth. You can now print your Aadhaar using the print button.
How to generate OTP for e-Aadhaar?
To generate OTP for downloading e-Aadhaar follow the steps below:
- Provide Aadhaar card number
- Provide enrolment ID
- Provide virtual identification number
What is Aadhaar card password?
The Aadhaar card password is a password of 8 characters that is a combination of the first four letters of an individual’s name written in CAPITALS and the Year of Birth that helps open the
PDF file of the e-Aadhaar card.
Why e-Aadhaar Password is required?
- The OTP password is a combination of the first four letters of an individual’s name and year of birth as per the Aadhaar card.
- This password provides extra security to the PDF file which is considered to be digitally safe.
- The UIDAI keeps the e-Aadhaar file as a password protected PDF, to reduce the risk of misuse or leakage of information.
SEE ALSO: How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card Online?
How to open e-Aadhaar card PDF file after downloading?
The online Aadhaar is protected by a password. So there are two ways to open the Aadhaar card PDF file:
- Enter the pin code of the postal address registered with the Aadhaar.
- In case the pin code does not work, enter the password to open the Aadhaar card PDF. The password is the combination of the first four letters of the name and the year of birth enrolled in the Aadhaar.
After opening the e-Aadhaar file through the password, the e-Aadhaar card can be printed. To know more on Aadhaar, visit the official UIDAI website. If you forget the Aadhaar card PDF password, you can follow the above mentioned steps.
What if you forget the Aadhaar card pdf file password?
If you forget your Aadhaar Card PDF password, then don’t be concerned as your E-Aadhaar no. PDF password is a combination of the first four letters of your name written in CAPITALS (Name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card) and the Year of Birth (in YYYY format).
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.