Employee provident fund- EPF form31
EPF Form 31 also known as ‘advance form’ is an application form that must be filled by an employee who wishes to withdraw funds partially from their EPF account. The EPF account accumulates the PF contribution of both the employer and the employee and builds a retirement fund. As per rules, an employee cannot withdraw the entire PF amount until the age of 58. However, you can partially withdraw the funds as loan/advances, once you have completed five years of continuous service.
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Best Term Insurance Plans in India 2018
How to download EPF form 31?
To download EPF form 31, go to the official website of EPF and download by clicking on the given link. You can save the form and fill it offline. Forward the duly filled form to your employer as there is a section that needs to be filled by your employer.
How to fill EPF form 31?
An individual who wishes to withdraw funds partially from EPF accounts must fill EPF form 31. All the fields must be mandatorily filled. Some fields must be filled by the employee and the rest by the employer and the EPF commissioner.
Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
SEE ALSO: What is a Term Insurance Plan?
EPF form 31: instructions, filing procedure and how to download
What does EPF form 31 contain?
The EPF form contains the following fields that must be mandatorily filled by an employee as per rules of the employee provident fund scheme 1952.
- Mobile number
- Purpose of advance
- Amount required for advance
- Name of the member
- Father name/husband’s name (in case of married woman)
- Provident fund account number
- Monthly basic wages and dearness allowance
- Name and postal address of the applicant
- Signature of the applicant
- Signature of the employer
- Mode of remittance
- Name of the recipient in whose favor the cheque has been drawn
- Bank savings account number
- Name of the bank and branch details
- IFSC code
- Details of Advance stamp received
- Copy of a cancelled cheque
- For advances taken for wedding expenses, the employee must provide complete details like name, age, date of marriage and address.
- Signing officer’s designation along with establishment’s stamp.
SEE ALSO: Why You Need A Term Insurance Plan?
Purpose of EPF withdrawal:
Outlined below are the instances in which an employee can withdraw a partial amount from their PF accounts as an advance by filling form 31:
- Advances for marriage of self/children or post matriculation education of children: The employee is allowed to withdraw a maximum of 50% of the accumulated PF along with the interest, provided he/she makes a contribution for 7 years to this account.
- Advance for own treatment or family: to withdraw funds/advances for the purpose of treatment of family members or self, there’s no service limit. The employee can withdraw funds of up to 6 months of pay or employee’s share plus interest, whichever is lower. The employee must submit a certificate from his employer, along with doctor’s certificate as proof of availing the advances.
- Purchase or repair of a house/flat or for constructing a house along with acquiring land: An employee can withdraw funds from their PF accounts for the above mentioned purposes only after completing 5 years of service. An employee is allowed to withdraw funds up to 24 months of pay for the purchase of a plot and a payment of 36 months of basic pay for the purchase of a flat/ for the purpose of construction. However, the withdrawal is allowed only once during the entire service period.
- Repayment of loans in special cases: for availing advances for the repayment of loans, an employee must complete 10 years of service and must submit the details of the loan and supporting documents as proof. Only then can he withdraw funds equal to 36 months of pay or total contribution made by the employee and employer along with interest, whichever is less.
- Grant of advances in special cases: funds are withdrawn by a member on unemployment. A member who has not received payment for more than 2 months continuously or remains unemployed due to closure of the organization for more than 6 months, is allowed to withdraw from the EPF account.
- Advance to physically handicapped member: A physically handicapped member can withdraw funds from the EPF account for buying badly needed equipment. The member can avail the lowest of 6 months of pay or employees share along with the interest incurred for purchasing the equipment. The member can make the subsequent withdrawal only after 3 years of the first withdrawal.
- Withdrawal within one year before retirement: an individual is allowed to withdraw a maximum of 90% of the entire EPF amount, only after attaining the age of 54 years or within 1 year of retirement, whichever is later.
Documents required along with EPF form:
Listed below are the documents required to be submitted along with form 31 for the purpose of EPF withdrawal:
- For the repayment of loans the member must produce outstanding principal and interest certificate from the lending institution or the bank from which the loan is availed.
- For withdrawing funds for treatment, the employee must submit a certificate by the employer and a doctor’s certificate.
- For cash advances made for buying a house, the employee must submit a declaration or registration certificate of the property.
- For availing grant of advances in special cases, the employee must attach a certificate from the employer along with form 31
- For advances made for the purpose of marriage, details must be provided in form 31
- A physically handicapped member needs to submit a doctor’s certificate for availing advances
- A member willing to withdraw funds before retirement must submit a declaration along with the form.
Things to remember while filling EPF form 31:
- It takes a few weeks for the claim to be processed and the release of funds
- The member can fill form 31 online, provided he has his Aadhaar card, PAN card and bank account linked with UAN.
- For offline submission of the form a certification by the employer is mandatory
- To receive the funds directly into your bank account, attach a cancelled cheque along with form 31.
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.