- The Finance Minister wants farmers to feel secure against natural calamities. Finance Minister announces INR 10 lakh crore as credit to farmers with 60 days interest waiver.
- NABARD fund would be increased to INR 40,000 crores. This money will be used for long term irrigation.
- Government would set up mini-labs in Krishi Vignan Kendras for soil testing.
- The issuance of soil health cards to gather momentum.
- A dedicated micro irrigation fund to be set up under NABARD with funds worth INR 5000 Crores.
- 40% of cropped area to be covered under Fasal Bima Yojana in 2017-18.
- A dairy processing infrastructure fund to be created with a corpus of INR 2,000 Crores.
- Model law on contract farming to be prepared and shared with States.
- Government sets a target to bring 1 crore households out of poverty by 2019, under Mission Antyodaya.
- Government allocates INR 48,000 crores towards MGNREGA.
- Participation of women in MGNREGA has gone up to 55%.
- The Government has allocated INR 19,000 Crores towards Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana in 2017-18.
- The Government wants to achieve 100% electrification of all villages by May 1, 2018.
- Allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awaaz Yojana increased from INR 15,000 Crores to INR 23,000 Crores.
- 5 Lakh citizens to be given mason training.
- The Government has allocated INR 4,500 Crores towards rural livelihood mission.
- The Government wants to complete the construction of 1 Crore houses by 2019 for homeless citizens living in kaccha houses.
- Sanitation in rural areas has gone up from 42% in October 2014 when Swachh Bharat was launched, to 60% now.
SEE ALSO: How to check Aadhaar linking status with bank?
- Government will strengthen the financial inclusion fund.
- Government will launch 2 New Schemes to promote the BHIM app. More than 125 Lakh citizens have adopted the BHIM app.
- Merchant version of Aadhaar-enabled payments to be launched, for those without debit cards and mobile phones.
- The Government has allocated INR 500 Crores towards Mahila Shakthi Kendras.
- The Government has started a nationwide scheme for pregnant women where INR 6,000 will be transferred to each pregnant women’s bank account.
- The Government proposes to eliminate Tuberculosis by 2025.
- Two new AIIMS to be set up in Gujarat and Jharkhand.
- 1.5 Lakh health centers would be converted into health wellness centers.
- Aadhaar-based smartcards launched for senior citizens to monitor their health.
- The Government plans to eliminate Kala Azar and Filariasis by 2017, Leprosy by 2018, and Measles by 2020.
SEE ALSO: How To Download EPF Mobile App: M-Sewa app of EPFO?
- Shares of Railway PSE like IRCTC would be listed on stock exchanges.
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) to be abolished in 2017-18.
- Panel will be set up to study legal framework for spot and derivative markets.
- Resolution mechanism to be set up for financial firms.
- To help in cyber-security, computer emergency response team to be set up.
- Listing of PSEs would help in fostering public accountability and a revised mechanism for time-bound listing.
- New ETF to be launched.
- An integrated public sector oil major to be created.
- Lending target under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana set at INR 2.44 trillion.
- Over 16,000 new enterprises have been set up under Stand-up India scheme.
- Government to consider an option to amend Negotiable Instruments Act to ensure that holders of dishonoured cheques get payment.
- A centralized pension distribution system to be established for defense personnel.
- For big time economic offences, where offenders have fled the country, the Government will introduce a new law to confiscate assets of these citizens within the country.
- 84 Government schemes to be on DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) Platform.
- Head Post Offices will soon be used as front office for passport services. This helps those who have to travel long distances for obtaining a passport.
- Railway lines of 3,500 Kms to be commissioned.
- A railway safety fund with a corpus of 1 Lakh crores to be set up over 5 years.
- 500 rail stations to be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
- A new metro rail policy would soon be announced to open up new jobs for our youth.
- Railway tariffs to be fixed based on cost, social obligation and competition.
- Integration of end to end transport solutions by railways for selected commodities through partnerships.
- All coaches of Indian Railways would be fitted with bio-toilets by 2019.
- 25 railway stations would be awarded in 2017-18.
- There’s good news if you book rail tickets on IRCTC. You do not have to pay any service charge.
- Focus to be on Swachch railways. SMS based clean my coach facility launched.
- Dedicated trains would be launched for pilgrimage and tourism.
- Innovation fund set up for secondary education.
- Colleges would be identified, based on ranking and given autonomy.
- National testing agency to be established for all entrance exams.
- SWAYAM platform launched for virtual learning.
- Fund of INR 4,000 Crores to promote skill acquisition and knowledge awareness.
- 100 Indian International skill centers to be set up offering courses in foreign languages.
Personal Income Tax:
- Existing tax rate for citizens between INR 2.5 Lakhs – INR 5 Lakhs, reduced from 10% to 5%.
- All categories of tax payers in subsequent tax brackets will get a benefit of INR 12,500.
- Citizens filing IT returns for the first time will not come under Government scrutiny.
- Simple one page tax filing form, for taxable income under INR 5 lakh, other than business income.
- A 10% surcharge on individual income above INR 50 lakhs and up to INR 1 crore, to make up for the INR 15,000 crore loss due to cut in the personal I-T rate.
- 15% surcharge on income above INR 1 crore will continue.
- The corporate tax rate for MSME with annual turnover less than INR 50 Crores reduced to 25%.
Funding for Political Parties:
- Political parties can receive donations by cheque or digital mode from donors.
- Political parties can receive maximum cash donations of INR 2000.
Want to know more on Tax Planning? Just leave a missed call on IndianMoney.com financial education helpline 02261816111 or just post a request on IndianMoney.com website. IndianMoney.com offers Free, Unbiased and on-call financial advice on Insurance, Mutual Funds, Real Estate, Loans, Bank Accounts and capital markets.