You require a PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card, even for the simplest of financial transactions. You want to open a savings bank account or an FD? The bank asks for your PAN. You apply for a credit card? You need a PAN Card.
So what is a PAN? Permanent Account Number popularly called PAN, is a 10-digit alphanumeric number, which is allotted to you/Company/HUF, by the Income Tax Department, after you apply for it.
In the past, if you applied for a PAN, you had to fill up forms physically, as specified by the Income Tax Department. This was the Form 49A for resident individuals like yourself.
You then had to provide supporting documents like an Identity and Address Proof, and Date of Birth.
You can even apply for a PAN Online. Want to know more on tax planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice / education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
Today, you can apply for PAN Online. After you have completed all the steps, you must send the acknowledgement receipt to the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) or UTI Infrastructure Technology.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with Wealth Doctor App
1. You must submit the PAN Card application Form 49A on the NSDL Website. Form 49A is the application for allotment of the PAN.
2. You then fill in the details in the Form 49A. Go through the detailed instructions before filling details in the Form 49A.
3. While filling the Form 49A, you must fill your surname before your first name. But, on the PAN Card, your 'First Name' appears, followed by your 'Surname'.
4. When applying for PAN, you will have to pay Rs 110 (An application fee of Rs 93 + 18% GST). You can make the payment via debit/credit card, DD, or even net-banking.
5. On a successful payment, you get an acknowledgement. You must save this acknowledgement number.
6. After you have applied and made the payment, you will have to send supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL.
7. After receiving the documents, NDSL will process your PAN application.
SEE ALSO: How To Get PAN Card For Minor?
Take a look at the list of documents you must courier to the NSDL, as an identity/address proof. You can submit any one identity proof, one address proof and one DOB.
The research team at IndianMoney.com comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. IndianMoney.com research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Hello friend! I am your personal financial advisor. By the end of this interactive session, I will help you to plan yours and your family's finances to ensure a better future.