The process of applying for Aadhaar card or updating or correcting Aadhaar card details is quite simple. The process is made really simple by UIDAI through introducing the online method of Aadhaar card update. This is a brief analysis of the processes of Aadhaar card update or Aadhaar correction through which people can easily get their Aadhaar card details updated and corrected.
Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
How to change Aadhaar details without a registered mobile number?
If you do not have a mobile number or have not registered mobile number with Aadhaar, you can also make changes to the Aadhaar card details. The process can only be done offline as there is no registered mobile number to receive the OTP. The steps to change the details of Aadhaar without a registered mobile number are as follows:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Collect the Aadhaar correction/updation form
- Fill in the necessary details and mention the changes that need to be made.
- Submit the form along with a copy of the Aadhaar card and some other identity proof like PAN card or voter ID card.
- Give the biometric verification i.e. fingerprint scan and iris scan
- An acknowledgement slip will be generated
- Collect the acknowledgement slip. The changes made will be added or updated in the Aadhaar within 2-5 days.
SEE ALSO:E-Aadhaar Card - Download, Print Online and Benefits
Steps to add your mobile number with Aadhaar card offline:
The online facility of registering mobile number with the Aadhaar has been discontinued. To update or register a mobile number with the Aadhaar card, you have to visit the Aadhaar enrolment/ updation centre. The process of updating the mobile number takes up to 90 days. The steps are as follows:
- Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill the Aadhaar correction form
- Mention your current mobile number that has to be updated in Aadhaar
- Submit the form and provide your biometrics for authentication
- The executive hands over the acknowledgement slip
- The slip contains Update Request Number (URN)
- The URN can be used to track the status of Aadhaar card
- You do not need to get another Aadhaar card after updating mobile number in Aadhaar.
- Once your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar, you will start receiving Aadhaar OTPs for availing a number of facilities
SEE ALSO:ChildAadhaar Enrolment
Steps to change deactivated mobile number linked with Aadhaar:
If your mobile number gets deactivated or you are no longer using the number that is linked with the Aadhaar card, then you will not be able to make the necessary changes to the Aadhaar online. To make changes online you must have access to OTP to proceed with the same. To change deactivated mobile number and update the new number, follow the steps given below:
- Download the Aadhaar update/correction form from the official website of UIDAI.
- Fill the form carefully with the latest details including new mobile number.
- You need not mention previous mobile number in the form.
- Attach the form along with the necessary documents that validate the changes that need to be made.
- Send the form with the letter and documents via post to the postal address of UIDAI mentioned in the form.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to the new mobile number. Wait for this SMS.
- The SMS will confirm that your new mobile number and other details have been updated as per your request.
SEE ALSO:Aadhaar Card Address Change Online and Offline
How to update Aadhaar information via post?
An Aadhaar card holder can make necessary changes or update Aadhaar card details offline by sending requests via post to the UIDAI. The steps to update Aadhaar information through post are given below:
- Download the online Aadhaar card update/correction form by visiting the official website of UIDAI
- Fill the required details that you want to change or update.
- Attach photocopies of the documents along with the duly filled form that validates the changes requested to be made in the form.
- Send the form and the documents to the below mentioned address:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
How to change details after mobile number is registered?
Usually a person can change address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, and mobile number and email id on the Aadhaar card. In order to change the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Self Service Update Portal of UIDAI.
- Click on the “Proceed” button after reading the instructions carefully
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database
- Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account
- Tick the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address
- Click on the “Submit Update Request” button
- In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option
- Now tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- Select the document type you want to submit as Proof of Address for verification
- Upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
- Read the given information and click on the “Yes” button
- Select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit
- Your update request is accepted and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided
- The Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN)
In case the request for updating the details in Aadhaar card is rejected due to some reason, the applicant can send a fresh request by making appropriate corrections in the form and submitting appropriate self-attested documents.
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.