The Government has asked you to link Insurance plans with Aadhaar by December 31st 2017. If you have an LIC policy, you must be wondering how to link this LIC plan with Aadhaar. LIC is one step ahead and offers you a facility, which helps you and other LIC policy holders, link Aadhaar with LIC plans online.
There's good news. You don't even have to visit the LIC Branches to link Aadhaar with LIC plans. LIC which is India's biggest life insurer has activated an online link. This link will help you update your Aadhaar on the LIC website.
So, how do you link LIC Policy with Aadhaar Online? Want to know more on insurance planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice / education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India), had said that linking Aadhaar Number with Insurance plans is compulsory and insurers have to comply with statutory norms. This is to prevent money laundering as per Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017.
SEE ALSO: Aadhaar compulsory for insurance plans
1. Keep your Aadhaar card ready along with the PAN card and a list of LIC policies.
2. You then log in to LIC's website. You will find the link asking you to link Aadhaar and PAN with LIC plans displayed prominently on the LIC homepage.
3. You simply have to click on the given link and a clear set of instructions would appear. You must read these instructions carefully.
4. You then have to enter the mobile number as registered with UIDAI and an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to this registered mobile number.
5. Do check whether your mobile number has been updated with the LIC plan. If your mobile number has not been updated with the LIC plan, you must contact the nearest LIC branch.
6. Go through the checklist and then click on the Proceed button at the bottom of the page.
7. You fill up the details in the form and then submit the form. You will be shown a message saying, registration for linkage of Aadhaar with LIC Plan is a success.
8. After verification with the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) which issues the Aadhaar card, you will get an SMS/Mail confirmation sent to you. Verification may take a few days.
Before linking Aadhaar with LIC Plans, do note that fraudsters have been circulating messages over social media with the LIC emblem and logo, asking you and other LIC policyholders to link Aadhaar with LIC Plans by sending an SMS to a designated number. LIC informs you and other policyholders that LIC has not sent any such message. LIC has also stated that it doesn't offer any facility where you link Aadhaar to LIC Plans via SMS. Be Wise, Get Rich.
The research team at IndianMoney.com comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. IndianMoney.com research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel