Indianmoney Facebook Indianmoney twitter Indianmoney LinkedIn Indianmoney Google Plus Indianmoney Youtube Indianmoney Instagram Indianmoney Medium

How to make a complaint If you are Unhappy with your Insurance Company Research Team | Monday, March 04,2013, 03:57 PM

How to make a complaint If you are Unhappy with your Insurance Company

If you are unhappy with your insurance company

  • Approach the Grievance Redressal Officer of its branch or any other office that you deal with.
        Click here for contact details of Grievance Redressal Officers, GRO, of all insurance companies
  • Give your complaint in writing along with the necessary support documents
  • Take a written acknowledgement of your complaint with the date.

The insurance company should deal with your complaint within 15 days.

  • If that does not happen or if you are unhappy with their solution you can :
  • Approach the Grievance Redressal Cell of the Consumer Affairs Department of IRDA
  • Call Toll Free Number 155255 or
  • Send an e-mail to
  • Make use of the Integrated Grievance Management System :
  • Register and monitor your complaint at
  • Send a letter or fax to IRDA with your complaint
  • Click here to download Complaint Registration Form
  • Fill and send by post or courier to :

    Consumer Affairs Department
    Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
    3-5-817/818, United India Towers, 9th Floor
    Hyderguda, Basheerbagh
    Hyderabad – 500 029

  • Or Fax to
      040-66789768 Research Team

The research team at comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.

Get It now!

How about our new look!

Mm.. Ok