Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in the US for a week-long visit on Saturday. The purpose of the visit, the ‘Howdy, Modi’ event in Houston, Texas. ‘Howdy’ is an informal way of greeting ‘Hello’ in Southern US States including Texas.
What is the Howdy, Modi’ event? Narendra Modi will address the Indian American community in the Howdy, Modi’ event at NRG Football Stadium in Houston. It is a cultural show by the Indian American community in the US. This event will boost Political, Economic and Defense ties between India and USA. This event would put an end to the Trade War between India and the US.
PM Narendra Modi and the US President Donald Trump addressed more than 50,000 Indian Americans at the Howdy, Modi’ event. PM Modi endorsed Donald Trump’s reelection bid with 'Abki Baar, Trump Sarkar'. Modi introduced Trump as ‘my friend, a friend of India’ and as someone who ‘has left a deep impact everywhere.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
Howdy Modi in Texas
Modi Speech Highlights at NRG Stadium in Houston
- Make a transparent ecosystem so that development reaches the last man in the queue is what Modi said.
- Leverage Digital India to promote Ease of Living.
- Say goodbye to outdated laws and complicated tax structure.
- Promote Ease of Doing Business and Ease of Living.
- India celebrates the 150th birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi on October 2nd. Modi said that India has bid farewell to open defecation. It has also said goodbye to more than 1500 archaic laws in India.
- Modi said we challenge the mindset of some people who believe that – nothing can change. We are aiming higher and achieving higher.
- New history and chemistry is being made and we are witnessing new Indo-US synergy.
- Modi also laid to rest the language issue where it was perceived that Hindi was promoted at the cost of other languages. Our Nation has been moving forward with dozens of languages and hundreds of dialects. Diversity is the foundation of vibrant democracy.
- PM also said ‘Data is the New Oil’.
- PM Modi asked people to give a standing ovation to the Indian Parliament Nod to repeal Article 370 provisions. This would help the people of Kashmir and is a slap on the face of a country supporting terrorism.
- In the presence of US President Donald Trump, Modi said that conspirators of 9/11 and 26/11 can be found in the same country.
Benefits of Howdy Modi for India
- India seeks energy security. US has replaced Saudi Arabia and Russia as the World’s top oil producer. Texas alone produces more crude oil than Iraq and Iran. US seeks new markets for crude oil and gas exports and with the US-China Trade War, India is a good bet. After the Saudi Arabia Aramco drone attacks, India cannot depend on Saudi Arabia and the Middle East alone for crude oil needs. Do remember that we import more than 80% of crude oil needs. US can meet India’s crude oil needs.
- PM Narendra Modi had fruitful meetings with the CEOs of companies in the energy sector. A MOU would be signed between US natural gas Company Tellurian Inc. and India's Petronet LNG Limited (PLL) which is the largest in US history.
- India is buying US weaponry, bigtime. India has bought M777 ultra-light howitzers and Chinook heavy-lift helicopters. India has also purchased C-17 Globemaster and C-130J Super Hercules not to mention AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.
- India would invest Billions of Dollars in the US market promoting India’s interests. India wants a safe and predictable oil supply market for the next 20-30 years.
- India has cut corporate taxes big-time from 30%. At 22% statutory tax rate, the tax rate is lower than the global average. This should help US companies invest in India.
- Data is the New Oil. India has the cheapest data rates anywhere around. At 25-30 cents for 1GB data, India presents a vast global opportunity.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.