What is mAadhaar App?
mAadhaar App is an online application launched by UIDAI for android smart phones. The mAadhaar is an online platform for Aadhaar holders, enabling them to carry Aadhaar in the digital form on smart phones. An Aadhaar card holder can add his profile in the app and produce it whenever required. A total of three Aadhaar profiles can be added to the app. The app is protected by a security password and the user has to enter the password each time he opens the app.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
mAadhaar App Download
Compatibility of mAadhaar:
- The mAadhaar is compatible to all smart phones working on Android 5.0 and above.
- UIDAI has not released the iOS version of the mAadhaar app.
- The UIDAI plans to release the app for iPhone users in the near future.
- The mAadhaar app can be installed on android Smartphones. However only the profile that is linked to the mobile number can be added.
- If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar or you have mobile number registered with Aadhaar which is different from the one being used in the mobile device, you will not be able to avail the facility of mAadhaar
SEE ALSO:How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card Online?
How to install mAadhaar App in your mobile phone?
mAadhaar can be installed only on android smart phones. Follow the steps below to install mAadhaar on your phone:
- Open Google play store on your Smartphone
- Click install
- Give the required permission to the app
- After the app gets installed you need to login to the app using a password
- The page will display a form “Create a password before importing your Aadhaar profile on this mobile”
- Enter a password.
SEE ALSO:Link Aadhaar Card To Bharat Gas
How to add your profile in the mAadhar app?
In order to add profile on the app, you must also add the mobile number by logging on to the app. Use the mobile number that is linked to the Aadhaar card. Follow the steps given below to add profile to the mAadhaar app:
- Open the mAadhaar app.
- Login to the app by entering your password.
- Now select the three dots on the upper right corner of the interface.
- Select the “Add profile” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or scan the QR code on your Aadhaar card.
- Click on the Next button.
- Give relevant permission to the app.
- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number.
- The app automatically detects the SMS from UIDAI and enters the OTP.
- The app will download the Aadhaar details on your phone.
- Both the front side as well as the back view of the Aadhaar is auto-downloaded in the app.
SEE ALSO:How To Check Aadhaar Status?
How to delete your profile in the mAadhar App:
Deleting your profile from mAadhaar app is a simple process. Given below are the steps that can guide you in deleting your profile from your smart phone.
- Open the mAadhaar app on your mobile
- Enter the password to open your profile
- Click on the drop down menu, at the top right portion of the screen
- Select “Delete Profile” option
- Enter your password for authentication
- Click on “yes” to make sure you want to delete your profile
- The profile will get deleted from the mAadhaar app
How to lock/unlock Biometrics through the mAadhar App?
You must link your current mobile number with Aadhaar to avail this facility. UIDAI has provided this facility to the user that enables them to lock/unlock biometrics using the mAadhaar app. Follow these steps to lock/unlock biometrics using the mAadhaar app:
- Open the mAadhaar app on your phone
- Login by entering your password
- Click on your profile and open it
- Click on the “Biometric Settings” from the menu on top-right corner of the app
- Tick the “Enable Biometric Lock” option
- A disclaimer is shown which says that the biometrics may still be used for the next six hours
- Click on “OK”
- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number
- The OTP is automatically fed by the app
- Your biometrics will be locked immediately
How to use the TOTP Feature in the mAadhaar?
TOPT which is the acronym of time-based OTP, is a feature that can be used when you do not have access to the OTP feature due to network problems. The TOTP is valid for only 30 seconds after which it changes automatically. You must have an internet connection to use this facility. Below are the steps to use this feature:
- Login to the mAadhaar app by entering the password
- Select your profile and open it
- select the option “Show TOTP”
- A screen will appear with a six digit TOTP
- A clock displaying the time moves continuously for 30 seconds
- As soon as 30 seconds are completed, the OTP is changed instantly.
- Below the TOTP, you can find name and Aadhaar number
App Advantages of mAadhar:
Some of the advantages of the mAadhaar app are as follows:
- The biggest advantage of using the mAadhaar app is you do not have to carry the physical Aadhaar.
- In case Aadhaar OTP is not sent to your mobile number, you can use the TOTP facility of the mAadhaar app.
- A user can easily use the app for completing the eKYC for banks and other financial transactions and can also share the eKYC with any service provider.
- The app enables the users to temporarily lock or unlock the biometrics using the app.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
You May Also Watch:
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.