Punjab National Bank is a victim of a Rs 11,360 Crore scam and the prime accused is Mr Nirav Modi. India is asking a big question....Who is Nirav Modi? The Nation wants to know....I'm sure you want to know too.
Nirav Modi who is 48 years, is from a family of diamond brokers in Antwerp, Belgium. He grew up in the diamond trade. But, this is what Nirav Modi told journalists, "He Never Planned To Join The Diamond Business."
Nirav Modi joined the Wharton Business School, studied Finance for a year and then dropped out....Signs of a great man? He decided to join the Diamond Trading Business and at the age of 19, he was sent to Mumbai, to learn and understand the Diamond Trading Business from his maternal uncle Mehul Choksi, Chairman of Gitanjali Gems.
Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice / education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
You May Also Watch:
Nirav Modi: Something about the man
- Nirav Modi grew up at Grosvenor House, Pedder Road in Mumbai and also at Antwerp in Belgium, which is the diamond trading capital.
- Nirav Modi was born in a diamantaire family from Gujarat- A family involved in the diamond trading business.
- He started a Diamond sourcing and trading Company called Firestone, in 1999. This firm was renamed as Firestar, and has $2.3 Billion in revenue.
- Nirav Modi launched the Nirav Modi brand in 2010. He has stores in Delhi, Mumbai, New York City, Hong Kong, London and Macau.
- Nirav Modi has manufacturing units in Russia, South Africa and Armenia.
- Nirav Modi lives in Mumbai with his wife Ami, who is also a co-accused in the PNB scam and three children.
SEE ALSO: Victim Of Online Fraud: Get Money Back
Nirav Modi: A very rich man
- Nirav Modi is the 85th richest Indian.
- Nirav Modi was in the Forbes Billionaires List in 2013.
- His Net Worth - $ 1.73 Billion.
Nirav Modi: A man of great tastes and a life of glamour
- Nirav Modi is the darling of Hollywood's leading actresses from Kate Winslet to Dakota Johnson to Naomi Watts.
- Leading Hollywood actresses can be seen on the Red Carpet with Nirav Modi's necklaces and earrings.
- Nirav Modi is the envy of the fashion and jewellery World.
- Nirav Modi shakes hands with the Who's-Who of the Business World.
- Nirav Modi has shot astonishing Ad campaigns with the likes of the great German photographer, Peter Lindbergh.
- Nirav Modi was rolled out amazing boutiques in Big Commercial Districts like Madison Avenue, New York, USA and Bond Street in London's West End.
- Nirav Modi bought the iconic music store, Rhythm House, from its previous owners, the Curmally Family for around Rs 32 Crores.
- Nirav Modi has planned a 3,500 Sq. Ft. diamond store at the prime Kala Ghoda property.
- Nirav Modi had a glittering opening for his store at Madison Avenue - New York. The glittering ceremony was attended by Naomi Watts, Nimrat Kaur, Lisa Haydon and Canadian Model Coco Rocha.
- Donald Trump who is the current US President, inaugurated his first store in New York's, Madison Avenue in 2015.
- Who are the faces that sell Nirav Modi's diamond dreams.... Andreea Diaconu, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Priyanka Chopra. These faces have also sold Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Nirav Modi loves Canali Suits, Fast Bentley Cars, Francis Newton Souza Canvases....Well, God knows what else....
- Nirav Modi's jewelry sets cost anywhere between Rs 5 Lakhs to Rs 50 Crore and rest on the neck and collarbone of famous celebrities. Jet-setting celebrities swear by the fluidic and functional jewelry designs.
- He hosted a glittering function on the 5th anniversary of his brand, at Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhavan for his ultra-rich clients.
- Christie’s has auctioned his Golconda Lotus Necklace in November 2010. This was a flawless 12-carat Golconda diamond, auctioned for over Rs 16 Crore. This necklace made it to the cover of its auction catalogue - A first for an Indian jeweller without a 100-year history.
- Priyanka Chopra was his Global Brand Ambassador.
- Spotted with PM Narendra Modi at Davos, World Economic Forum.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with Wealth Doctor App
What's his current status?
- Nirav Modi has been booked by the CBI for cheating PNB. His wife Ami is a co-accused.
- He is believed to be absconding from January 1st.
According to the CBI, Nirav Modi, his wife Ami, brother Nishal and Mehul Choksi (Uncle), worked with unscrupulous bank officials to cheat PNB out of Rs 11,360 Crores. Be Wise, Get Rich.