Voter ID is one of the most important identification documents that are issued to voters by the Election Commission of India, after they attain 18 years of age. You need a voter ID to cast votes at the polling booth. Voter ID serves the dual purpose of allowing you exercise voting rights as well as serves as a proof of identity and address.
Voters must carry the voter ID card during elections. It helps the election commission conduct free and fair elections. The voter ID card contains a photograph of the cardholder along with details like name, father’s name, sex, date of birth and residential address. For the generation of new voter ID, the applicant can apply through offline and online method.
Want to know more on Fixed Deposits? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
NVSP: Check Your Name in the Electoral Roll 2019
What is NVSP?
NVSP stands for National Voter Service Portal. It is an online service portal introduced by the Election Commission of India, in order to provide support services to the voters/ citizens of India. The portal was launched on 25th January 2015 with the aim of providing a single window to voters.
SEE ALSO: Check Name in Voter ID list
The applicant applying for voter ID card through the NVSP portal must fulfil the eligibility criteria listed below:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have a permanent residential address.
- The applicant should not be bankrupt and should be free of criminal charges.
- Identity proof: PAN card/ Aadhaar card/ Passport/ Driving License.
- Address proof: Passport/ PAN card/ Driving License.
- Passport sized photograph.
Apart from providing the facility of online application and status check, NVSP portal also provides other services to candidates. Through this portal, overseas voters can also fill application forms; they can make changes in the entries and several other things.
Track Voter ID Status Online
The government has recently launched a website where you can find all details related to the voter ID card. The process is simple and user friendly. To check the status of your voter ID online, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to the electoral CEO official website.
- Click on 'Know the Status of Your Application for Enrolment'.
- A window opens asking for some basic like Form number, name, date of birth, gender and so on.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click on the Search button once all the details are entered.
- Your Voter ID is then displayed in a pop-up window.
- After verification of the voter ID card application, you will see the voter card number as well as the e-Seva centre number.
- Using these two numbers i.e. the voter card number and the e-seva centre number, you can obtain your updated/new Voter ID card at the respective e-Seva centre.
SEE ALSO: Check Voter ID card Status Online
How to Check Name in the Electoral Roll?
Applicants can check their names in the Voter ID list, online. To check names in the electoral roll, follow the instructions given below:
- Visit the official NVSP website.
- The homepage appears.
- Click on the “search your name on electoral roll” link.
- You have to fill relevant details in the field provided.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the search button.
- If your name is enrolled on the voter’s list, then complete information will appear on the screen.
- You can verify and check the details.
How to Track NVSP Application Status 2019?
Candidates who have already applied for Voter ID card can check the status of their application, through the NVSP online portal. The government aims to provide the applicants a single window that would offer all possible support services with the help of IT tools. Visit the online portal of NVSP to check the voter ID status:
- Visit the official voter online portal i.e. official website of NVSP. You can also click on the direct link provided.
- On opening the website, the home page appears containing different links and icons. Click on the “track application status” link to check your voter ID status.
- On clicking the link, an online application status page appears. The applicant will have to enter the reference ID and must click on the “track status” button.
- The applicant must make sure that a correct and valid reference ID is provided.
- Lastly, application status appears on the screen. You can now check the application status details and contact the authorities in case of any corrections to be made.
Importance of Voter ID
- It enables casting of votes.
- It is proof that you are a citizen or resident of India.
- It helps in reducing electoral frauds and ensures a person does not vote twice.
- It is an identification document that can be used to avail various services in India.
- The card is issued to individuals with a unique number.
- The card is issued only after the individual attains the age of 18 years.
- People with valid voter ID can avail various schemes that are rolled out by the government.
How to Apply Online for New Voter ID?
The applicant’s can apply for voter ID card both offline and online.
For offline applications, the applicant must visit the nearest electoral office and collect the application form. He must then submit the duly filled and signed application form along with necessary documents to the electoral office. The voter ID card will be issued after the verification of the documents.
For online application follow the steps given below:
- Visit the NVSP portal.
- Click on “apply online for registration of new voter’s” i.e. form 6 on the homepage.
- Form 6 opens on the screen. Here the applicant must provide necessary information in the space provided.
- The applicants must provide personal details like current address, permanent address and other necessary details and specifications.
- The applicant must upload supporting documents.
- Once the details are provided, the applicant must fill the declaration form and click on “replies”.
- After the verification of the details and the documents, voter ID card will be issued to the voters.
- They can track the application status by following the aforementioned procedure.
Steps to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID
Follow the steps given below to apply for a duplicate voter ID card:
- Visit the official website of the State Election Commission.
- Look for the EPIC- 002 form and download it.
- Fill the form with the right details and provide required documents like FIR, Address and Identity proof to support the details mentioned in the form.
- Submit the duly filled form along with the documents at the nearest electoral office.
- After submitting the form, collect the reference number.
- You application will be sent to the next level after proper verification.
- You can track the duplicate voter ID card application status online.
- You will receive an SMS on you registered mobile number, once the card is ready.
- Visit the electoral office to collect the voter ID card after you are notified through SMS.
Voter ID Search by Number
You can use this service to know if your name has been included in the electoral roll of the constituency. To make the search, you can visit the NVSP website to carry out the electoral search. Follow the steps given below to in order to search voter ID card by number:
- Visit the official website of NVSP.
- Select ‘Search Your Name in electoral roll’ listed under ‘National Services’.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- On this page click on the 2nd tab to search by EPIC Number.
- Enter the personal details specific to your Voter’s card like – Name, date of birth, state, district, gender, father’s name and constituency.
- Enter the security Code or captcha to perform the search.
- You can also locate the area by using the map on the search page.
Instructions to Check NVSP Status: Voter ID Status
- Applicants can track voter ID application status online, whenever needed.
- Individuals who are eligible to vote but have not enrolled can now apply online through the NVSP portal.
- The applicants must provide all accurate and valid details in the application form.
- The applicants also must provide proper documents that serve as proof of details mentioned in the application form.
- It is important to keep the reference ID safe so that the applicant can easily track the application status, whenever needed.
- Voter ID card is issued only after proper verification of all the documents and information provided by the applicant.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.