An Indian passport is an official document issued by order of the President of India, for Indian citizens to travel abroad. The passport is a mandatory document for people travelling internationally. It shows proof of Indian citizenship according to the Passport Act, 1967. The Passport Seva Unit is authorized with the task of issuing passports on demand to eligible Indian citizens.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
Passport Seva Online Portal
What is Passport Seva?
Passport Seva online portal is an initiative taken up by the Government, to deliver the passport and related services to citizens in a transparent and efficient manner. This online portal allows citizens to register and avail various services and complete tasks related to obtaining a passport. The user can apply for a new passport or reissue/ renew the existing passport. It is a comprehensive platform for users and provides all necessary details related to passport services.
How to Register on Passport Seva?
Given below are the steps to register on Passport Seva:
- Visit the official website of the Passport Seva.
- On the left side of the home screen, a “new user” button is displayed.
- To register click on ‘register now’ under the ‘new user’ tab.
- The applicant is then redirected to the page for user registration, where the user fills in the necessary details.
- In the first field, the applicant must choose place of registration i.e. either CPV Delhi or the Passport Office.
- Select the nearest passport office in your city from the drop-down list.
- The applicant must choose the passport office based on his/her current address of residence.
- Select the login ID and enter the password and re-enter the password to confirm.
- Provide a hint question and answer and enter the captcha code and click on ‘Register’.
- Your account is created successfully.
SEE ALSO: How to Apply For a Passport Online?
Passport Seva Login:
The Passport Seva login contains various options that are required to get a new passport or renew the existing passport. After successful registration, follow the steps given below:
After the login, the applicant has access to the site and the user is redirected to the ‘applicant home page’. On this page, the applicant can choose the kind of passport he/she must apply. The options are:
- Fresh passport/ passport reissue
- Diplomatic passport/ official passport
- Police clearance certificate (PCC)
- Identity certificate.
Filling the Application Form:
- In this step, the user has to fill the application form. The application can be filled either online or offline.
- To fill the application form offline, first click on the link provided to download the application form in soft copy.
- The applicant is redirected to a page ‘Download e-form’. There is a link to the electronic form that provides these choices –
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Identity Certificate
- Click on the appropriate link to download the form.
- Fill the online form and click on the link that mentions ‘upload e-form’.
- Then, upload the duly filled application form.
- To fill the passport application form online, the user/applicant must click on the link provided on the homepage on the Passport Seva website.
- By clicking on the link, the user is redirected to the ‘passport page’ where the applicant must choose from the options -
- Fresh passport or reissue of passport
- Booklet of 36 pages/60 pages
- Validity of 10 years/up to 18 years /not applicable
- After selecting the right option, choose the ‘next’ icon.
- By doing so, the applicant is taken to the subsequent pages that denote different sections of the application that must be filled.
SEE ALSO: Documents Required For Passport Renewal
2. Proceed to Pay and Book an Appointment:
- The applicant must go to the ‘application home page.’
- Click on ‘view saved/ submitted applications’.
- A page is displayed containing the details of the application submitted by the applicant.
- The applicant must select the ARN of the form submitted.
- A table containing options is displayed. The user/applicant must click on ‘pay and schedule appointment’ from the options provided.
- This initiates the payment process. The applicant must then choose the mode of payment from among the two provided, viz. Online payment and Challan payment. Select the online payment mode and then click on next.
- On the next page, you can select the Passport Seva office along with the appointment and time slot.
- Click on “pay and book appointment” to complete the process. A page will be displayed containing the details of your appointment.
Make sure to appear for the scheduled interview on the given date and time. If you fail to do so, you have to repeat the entire process again to get the next appointment.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich