Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyberspace, at an event in New Delhi. This is what PM Narendra Modi had to say on Digital India. Digital India is the world's largest programme employing technology to help citizens and improving service delivery.
At this event, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated an all-in-one app called UMANG. This app provides more than 100 Central and State Government services, on a single platform. You simply install the app and avail multiple Government Services. Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice / education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
To get the latest news on investment planning please download WealthDoctor App Now!
These are some of the benefits of UMANG:
- It provides pan India e-Gov services, offered by Central and State Government bodies and also citizen-centric services like Aadhaar and Digilocker. What's special is all of this is available on a single mobile app.
- With UMANG you can pay utility bills, file ITR, book a gas cylinder, check your EPF balance and even solve Aadhaar related queries. UMANG is integrated with Digital India Services like Aadhaar, Digilocker and PayGov. Any new service launched will automatically be integrated with this platform.
- With UMANG you, a citizen of India, can access, download and use all Government services, very easily.
- UMANG supports Aadhaar based authentication systems. Your sensitive profile data is in encrypted form. No one can access it.
SEE ALSO: Aadhaar Card Check Online
This is what UMANG can do for you:
- If you are a CBSE student, you can locate your exam center and even view results.
- Students, teachers, parents and even schools can view class-wise and subject-wise content, which has been provided by NCERT.
- You can search for AICTE approved courses and institutions.
- You can view the soil health card, which gives a crop-wise recommendation of nutrients and fertilizers required on farms.
- You and other citizens can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) scheme, through UMANG and also view the status of your application. UMANG helps Indian youth take up industry-relevant skill training, helping them secure jobs and a better livelihood.
- You can apply for the PMAY affordable housing scheme through UMANG.
- You can apply for crop insurance through UMANG. If crops are damaged by floods, hail, drought or a natural disaster, you are insured against loss of revenue due to decline in the prices of agro-commodities.
- Online Registration System popularly called ORS, links various hospitals across India. You can book/cancel appointments, check and view lab and blood availability reports, just by accessing UMANG.
SEE ALSO: Term Insurance: How to buy the right term insurance plan?
This is why UMANG is a really great APP:
- You can access all Government services on a single platform through multiple online and offline channels like SMS, email, app and even the web.
- You do not need to install or even update the app to avail Government services. If new services are added on the platform, updates take place automatically.
- You can access UMANG services, anywhere and anytime by using desktops, laptops and even mobile phones. There is no need to visit department offices or stand in long queues.
If you want to know more on UMANG, you have a dedicated Customer Support Service. This is available from 8AM to 8PM all days of the week. Be Wise, Get Rich.