If you are a customer of SBI who has not linked your bank account to Aadhaar, you should do it soon, or your bank account could be suspended. The last date to link your SBI bank account with Aadhaar is December 31st 2017.
SBI is a generic name in India. It's the largest lender in India by assets. Following the merger of 5 associate banks and the Bharatiya Mahila Bank in April this year, SBI has entered a unique league of "Top 50 Global Banks".
Want to know more on Savings Bank Accounts and FD's? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice / education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
To get the latest news on bank deposits please download WealthDoctor App Now!
There are several ways to link Aadhaar to your SBI bank account. You can link SBI account with Aadhaar through internet banking, State Bank anywhere (Mobile App), ATMs and even at bank branches. Let's take a look at some of the ways you can link SBI Account with Aadhaar.
Are you an SBI customer who is a frequent user of SBI Internet Banking? You can easily link your SBI account with Aadhaar.
1. You have to first log on to www.onlinesbi.com. You go to My Accounts and Profile on the left panel of the screen. You then click on Profile.
2. You are directed to a screen where you select your bank account number. The last 2 digits of your registered mobile number connected to your SBI bank account will be displayed.
3. You then fill your Aadhaar number and click the Submit Button.
After you complete the procedure, you will be advised on the status of the mapping of your SBI account with Aadhaar.
SEE ALSO: Aadhaar and the right to privacy
This is a very easy way for you to link your SBI account with Aadhaar.
1. You simply visit your nearest SBI ATM if you want to link SBI account with Aadhaar.
2. You swipe your SBI ATM debit card and enter your PIN. You select "Service Registrations" from the menu.
4. You then select Aadhaar Registrations under the Service Registrations.
5. You select the type of account say "Savings" and enter your Aadhaar Number. You re-enter your Aadhaar Number to link SBI account with Aadhaar.
You can use your mobile phone and link Aadhaar to SBI bank account, just by sending a simple SMS.
1. If your mobile number is registered with SBI, you simply send an SMS to 567676 in the following format.
UID(space)Aadhaar Number(space)Account Number.
2. You will receive an SMS confirming your request to seed SBI Bank account with Aadhaar.
3. The bank verifies your Aadhaar Number with the UIDAI and links it to your SBI account.
Do you regularly visit your SBI Branch? The next time you do so, make sure to carry a copy of your Aadhaar Number.
1. At the SBI branch, the officer asks you to submit a letter of request stating you want to link Aadhaar to your SBI Bank account.
2. You then submit a Xerox copy of your Aadhaar.
The bank verifies your Aadhaar Number and after it is satisfied, your SBI Bank Account is linked to Aadhaar. You then get an SMS saying, your bank account number has been linked to Aadhaar.
If you thought linking SBI Account to Aadhaar was difficult...Think Again.... It's really easy to link Aadhaar with SBI Account. You have so many channels like Mobile, ATM and even the Bank branch. Be Wise, Get Rich.
Mr C.S.Sudheer is a management graduate. He started his career with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance and later on worked with Howden India. After his brief stint in Howden India, he moved on and incorporated Suvision Holdings Pvt Ltd which is the sole promoter of IndianMoney.com. He aims to build a nation that is financially literate with investment savvy citizens.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel