To re-verify SIM cards, the government has made it compulsory to Link Aadhaar number with mobile. The last date to link the two is 31st March 2018.
Linking is quite easy as telecom subscribers can call a single number to link all mobile numbers with Aadhaar. Now, customers don't have to visit offline stores run by the mobile operators to link Aadhaar to mobile, instead, they can use the IVR service from the comfort of their homes.
There are a number of crimes committed using fake mobile numbers. Linking mobile phone to Aadhaar Number can solve this problem. To get a mobile connection, you must submit documents like Voter ID Card or PAN to get your SIM card.
Many local telecom retail agents collect your documents, recycle them and give them to some other people, which is an illegal practice. You have no idea what has happened to your ID document copies. If a crime is committed by these people, you will find the Police at your door, asking a lot of uncomfortable questions.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with Wealth Doctor App.
SEE ALSO: Aadhaar Card Check Online
2. You will then need to give approval to link Aadhaar with your mobile phone number, by selecting the Number 1.
3. Next, you must enter your Aadhaar number and select 1 to confirm.
4. This step generates the OTP, which will be sent to your mobile phone.
5. You will then be asked to give permission to your operator to access your name, photo and date of birth from the UIDAI database.
6. Now, the last 4 digits of your mobile number will be repeated by the IVR, to confirm that you have typed the correct number.
7. If the number provided by you is correct, you can enter the OTP which is sent to your mobile phone.
8. You should enter 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number linking process.
9. You can link your second number too by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system.
Remember: The OTP sent to your mobile number is valid only for 30 minutes. So, you can use it even if there is some network glitch. Till now, only Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone have activated this service.
SEE ALSO: How To Pay Using Aadhaar Card?
Want to know more on investment planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not mis-guided while buying any kind of financial products.
The research team at IndianMoney.com comprises of certified and experienced professionals who share the company's vision to make every Indian financially literate by equipping every Indian with right and unbiased advice. IndianMoney.com research team provides newsletters, articles, videos and FAQs on various financial products and concepts only to help you make wise financial decisions.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Hello friend! I am your personal financial advisor. By the end of this interactive session, I will help you to plan yours and your family's finances to ensure a better future.