Just as life is uncertain, travel is uncertain. You never know when your calm, serene holiday turns into a nightmare. Many citizens travelling abroad on holiday avail travel insurance.
If you face a medical emergency abroad, hospitalization could be very expensive. An accident abroad is definitely an end to the holiday and maybe finances. You could lose passport, important travel documents or your baggage could be stolen. This is why smart people avail travel insurance when holidaying abroad.
India is a vast country. It’s also called a subcontinent. If you enjoy travelling, why not tour the length and breadth of the country. It would be foolhardy to venture out without a travel insurance plan.
If you plan to check out the length and breadth of India, make sure to avail a domestic travel insurance plan. Want to know more on travel insurance? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
You May Also Watch:
Domestic Travel Insurance In India
Any Indian citizen who wants to holiday in India can avail a domestic travel insurance plan. You can avail domestic travel insurance plans from any insurer in India. International travelers with passports of their resident countries or any country other than India, can avail domestic travel insurance when touring India. You can avail travel insurance from the age of 18, right up to 65 years.
1. Features of a travel insurance plan:
- You are covered for hospitalization in case of accidents.
- You are covered for loss of baggage. (You get coverage for loss of travel documents).
- Coverage for flight delays or trip cancellations.
- You get personal accident cover.
- Coverage for loss of tickets (rail and airline) and passport.
- You are covered on missing a connecting flight.
- You are covered for a medical emergency and costs of evacuation in an emergency. (This is for the entire family).
- If you damage someone’s property, domestic travel insurance settles the claim.
- You are covered for total loss of accompanied baggage.
- You get hotel accommodation, if the trip is cancelled.
2. Exclusions in travel insurance:
- If you met with an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol. (Alcohol and drug abuse is not covered).
- If you are travelling for medical treatment.
- Self-inflicted injuries are not covered.
- If you serve in the Army, Navy or Air Force
- If you are involved in criminal activity or a riot.
- If you take part in adventure sports like scuba diving, water sports, rock climbing, bungee jumping and meet with an accident, it’s not covered.
- If you are travelling against doctors advice.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are not covered.
- Illness pertaining to a pre-existing condition.
3. Benefits of travel insurance:
SEE ALSO: Composite Loan and Home Loan Balance Transfer
4. How to choose a travel insurance plan?
- Compare travel insurance plans depending on the duration of the travel or journey. (This could be a short journey or a long journey).
- Check the reviews of the insurer to make an informed decision on the insurer.
- You can avail online travel insurance at cheap rates vis-à-vis offline travel insurance plans.
- Check travel insurance claim settlement process, network hospitals, payment options (online/offline), 24*7 customer support to get best domestic travel insurance plans in India.
- Do your research before availing domestic travel insurance. Understand travel insurance jargon and then pick up the travel insurance plan. Avail the best travel insurance plan within your budget.
- Do not rely on an insurance agent. Do your research and select travel insurance plan which suits needs.
- Check customer feedback on online portals before availing travel insurance.
- Choose travel insurance plans based on cover rather than price.
- Check what is not covered in travel insurance.
- Understand the travel insurance claim process: Check for deadlines which need to be adhered and documentation needed for the claim.
- Look out for insurer’s policy vis-à-vis trip cancellation and interruption.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.