Voter ID is a photo identity card that is issued to the citizens of India who are eligible to vote. The purpose of voter ID is to serve as an identity proof, so that the election commission can conduct free and fair elections. For the generation of a new voter ID, an individual can apply for it through online and offline methods.
Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
Voter ID card how to apply Online?
How to apply online for voter ID?
The online registration process for voter ID is easy and convenient. It reduces the hassles of physically going to the state election office to apply for a new voter ID. You just have to log on to the official website of the Election Commission of India. The website contains information and details regarding the electoral process in India like upcoming election schedules, electoral rolls, list of guidelines for voters and various application forms for registration. There are a number of forms available on the website that help users avail various services like change of name on voter id, forms for NRIs and members of the armed force, inclusion of name in electoral roll and so on.
Steps involved in new voter ID online application:
To request a new voter ID card follow the steps mentioned below:
- Select “National Voter’s Service Portal” on the official page of Election Commission website.
- Go to the “national service” section and click on “apply online”.
- This will redirect you to the page where you find the “online application form”.
- The online “form 6” would open
- Fill in the required details
- Upload the supporting documents
- Upload your photo on the website
- Click on submit
Documents Required for Voter ID Card (Voter Registration):
To apply for voter ID card online, you must submit the documents listed below:
- Passport sized photograph
- Address proof – ration card/ passport/ driving license or utility bill
- Identity proof – PAN card/ high school marks sheet/ driving license/ birth certificate
See Also: how to apply pan card duplicate?
Benefits of applying online for Election Card/Voter ID Card:
Digitization has changed the process of application and generation of important documents like Aadhaar and Voter ID. The voter ID online registration process is quick and easy and gets the job done without having to stand in long queues. Listed below are some benefits of registering for voter ID online:
- Lesser processing time: the processing of the application form takes lesser time, when applied online. A regular application process or the offline method will take much longer. Applying online would take much lesser time for the verification and the new voter ID will be delivered to your mailing address, within a month’s time.
- Track voter ID status: the online application comes with the added benefit of tracking the voter ID status online. Once the applicant completes the submission of the form, he will start receiving updates on the application status. Tracking of the voter ID is simple. Visit the official website of the chief electoral officer. Click on “know the status of application enrolment”. Fill the EPIC number and the required details. Select on “search” to get information on the status of your voter ID.
- Convenience: the online application process reduces the need for visiting the electoral office to obtain the form and make a submission. Eligible voters, who live in other cities or states, were not able to avail the services vis-a-vis voter’s card. With the process going online, voters can easily avail these services irrespective of city or state. Voters can download the relevant form and submit the duly filled form, from the comfort of their homes.
Fields Included in the Voter ID Form Online:
To apply online, the applicant must fill Form 6. The form is divided into different sections that gather the requisite information on the applicant. Take a look at the different parts of the application form:
- First section: the first section of this form contains columns where the applicant needs to provide details like name, surname, particulars on date of birth and age, gender, place of birth, state and father’s/mother’s/husband’s name. The information will be filled both in English as well as the regional language.
- Second section: the second section contains columns where the applicant must give details on address and residence. You have to provide the full address of your residence, door number, and the name of your street, locality, and road, name of your village or town. Mention the name of the post office in your locality, pin code of your area, details of thana/police station and district. You can add your email id and phone number.
- Third section: the third section requires details on family members, who are currently registered as voters in the same electoral constituency. The applicant must enter the name of the person, their relationship, and their election photo ID number, also mention their constituency and serial number as it appears in the electoral roll of the constituency. The applicant must also upload supporting documents as proof.
- Fourth section: this section contains the declaration. The declaration confirms the applicant is a citizen of India, who resides at the address mentioned in the form. It further states that the applicant has not applied for a voter ID in any other constituency. The last declaration comes with two options:
- The first states that this is the first time your name will be included on the electoral rolls in any constituency.
- The second option states that your name may be on the electoral roll; here you would have to provide the place where it could be registered, along with the date (in day, month and year format).
You would have to select one of the two options as applicable.
Once the form is filled with proper and accurate information, the applicant can select the options provided. You can either submit the form or save it for submission on a later date. If you want to erase all the information you have entered, you can select the reset button.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.