The Digi Yatra initiative is an innovative face recognition system through which people catching their flights gain entry or access to the services at airports. This initiative is taken up by the Ministry of Civil Aviation in India. This service is a major step towards empowering the citizens of India through innovation and technological advancements.
This initiative is an extension of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision to digitally empower the Indian society. This initiative aims to offer paperless verification systems to promote hassle-free air travel in the country.
Want to know more on Travel Insurance? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
What is Digi Yatra Initiative?
Key Features of Digi Yatra Initiative:
The Digi Yatra initiative promises a host of features:
- One-time registration system through facial recognition and KYC verification. On successful registration, the user will be given a unique identification number on booking of the tickets.
- User can create unique IDs by providing details like name, mobile number, e-mail ID and any identification proof like Aadhaar card, Voter ID and so on.
- The system enables the sharing of data between the airline and the airport, where the airport authorities can access all details on the passenger.
- Provides seamless, paperless and a hassle-free system at airports and enhances the flying experience of the passengers.
- Helps users swiftly pass the security scans and luggage disposal systems and there’s no need to stand in long queues for security scans, luggage disposal, and luggage scans or boarding pass collection.
- Linking KYC data to the airlines for online bookings, reducing paper-based interventions, real-time notification system, enhanced resource utilization and so on.
SEE ALSO: Why Do We Need Travel Insurance?
Benefits of Digi Yatra initiative:
- Automated facial recognition system for verification of passengers.
- Eliminates queues at various checkpoints: Entry point check, security check, security checks while boarding, baggage drop, baggage scans and check-ins.
- No need to furnish boarding pass and identification documents at various check points.
- Minimum human intervention and rapid processing of data.
- Enhanced system for better security of passengers. Only genuine passengers can enter the airport.
- Real-time notification on flight schedule and flight delays and cancellation.
Digi Yatra Enrolment Process:
- Users can create the Digi Yatra ID by logging into the central system and providing details like name, email, mobile number, details of identity like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card and so on.
- On submission of the personal details and requisite documents, the Digi Yatra ID would be created.
- The passengers can use this unique ID number while booking tickets online. The passenger date along with the Digi Yatra ID details is shared with the airport authorities by different airlines.
- After registration, the passengers must validate the ID at the registration kiosk while travelling for the first time. For Aadhaar Card verification the process is carried out online, for other IDs the verification is carried out by CISF personnel.
- On successful verification of the photo identity of the passenger, he/she is included in the Digi Yatra central system and for subsequent journeys; the user need not carry any verification IDs.
SEE ALSO: Review Your Insurance Plans With IndianMoney
Target Airport and Users:
The Digi Yatra initiative would be enforced from February 2019. It would be first implemented in Bangalore and Hyderabad as a pilot project. Thereafter, the airport authority of India plans to implement this program at major airports in India like Kolkata, Varanasi, Pune and Vijayawada by April 2019. Listed below are the target passengers who can benefit from this system:
- The new process can be used by all residents of India and foreign nationals who choose to travel by air.
- The implementation of the Digi Yatra initiative would simplify the check-in process for first-time air travellers, frequent flyers, group travelers, foreigners and tourists.
The Digi Yatra initiative aims to offer a seamless and efficient travel experience to passengers by enhancing the check-in features at airports through digital systems. This step also enhances the security systems at airports as only genuine travelers gain entry through the facial recognition. A passenger can easily navigate through the airport with the digital guidance system. It requires minimum human guidance and you can avoid long queues by using the interactive kiosks.
You May Also Watch
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.