SBI the largest lender in India has introduced SBI Card Pay. With SBI Card Pay you enjoy contactless payments at PoS terminals using mobile phones. If you are an SBI card holder, you can make secure card payments just by tapping your smartphone at any near field communication-enabled PoS terminal. You don’t need to actually use the credit card or enter a PIN. The new feature is available only on the VISA platform.
Want to know more on Credit Cards? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
What is SBI Card Pay?
Features of SBI Card Pay
You would have to go through a one-time registration of the SBI Card Pay on the latest updated version of the SBI card mobile app if you want to use SBI Card Pay.
- After your SBI Card Pay is registered, payments can easily be made by bringing the mobile device close to a PoS terminal.
- The feature would work on any Android Smartphone which has the Android OS KitKat version 4.4 and above.
- SBI Card Pay is extremely safe and uses a tokenization system. The card holder details like Card Number, CVV, Expiry Date are transformed into a device-based digital token.
- The SBI card details are transmitted through wireless mode using NFC or Near Field Communication. The trader doesn’t get to see card details which make transactions safe and protected. Remember to put the device lock when you make payments. Only when you unlock the smartphone screen can payments be made.
- Your SBI Card information which is saved in the form of digital tokens cannot be accessed by any other person.
- Call the customer care center if you want to block the digital token.
- You can make a maximum of Rs 10,000 in transaction value via the contactless mode. Individuals are capped at Rs 2,000.
- Use your SBI credit card and enter the password to authenticate payments above Rs 2,000.
This is where you can make SBI contact-less payments. Big Bazaar, Central, Costa coffee, McDonalds, Reliance Digital, Reliance Footprints, Reliance Fresh, Inox, Pizza Hut, Sahakari Bhandar, Reliance Smart and Starbucks.
See Also: Different Types Of Credit Cards
SBI Card Pay vs SBI Card Contact-Less Credit Cards:
- SBI Card Pay has been enabled on your SBI Cards mobile app. You can easily make contact-less payments just by tapping at an NFC-enabled PoS terminals.
- You can do contact-less transactions with SBI Cards contact-less credit cards. It can be done through the physical NFC-enabled card, just by tapping at any NFC-enabled PoS terminals.
- You enjoy SBI Card Pay facility only on the VISA Platform. It works only on the Android OS KitKat version 4.4 or higher.
- The SBI Cards contact-less credit cards work on Visa and MasterCard Platforms.
How to Make Payments with SBI Card Pay?
If you are an SBI card holder, there’s a one-time registration process on the latest SBI Card mobile app.
After registration, you can make contactless card payments using your smartphone at an NFC enabled POS terminal.
See Also: How Credit Card Users Can Maintain a Healthy Credit Score
Benefits of Payments with SBI Card Pay
- You can make faster payments through Host Card Emulation Technology. There’s no need to swipe or enter a card PIN. They are convenient for daily purchases.
- Your card never leaves your hand, giving less opportunity to fraud.
- Digital Token makes payments very secure.
- With NFC payments happen in an instant. The payment information would be transmitted in an encrypted format, making your transactions completely secure.
- It’s a one of a kind payment solution in India. You can use the app to manage the credit card account and make contactless payments.
- You can set daily transaction limits as well as desired transaction limits. There’s also a daily transaction limit of Rs 10,000 and a transaction limit up to Rs 2,000 to keep your money safe.
See Also: Low Income? Here are Some Credit Card Tips For You!
What Happens if You Lose Your Smartphone?
Your money is safe even if you lose the smartphone. Payments happen only if you unlock mobile phone screen using screen lock or MPIN. Card information is stored in digital tokens which can’t be accessed by a third-party.
Just inform the SBI card customer service and block the digital token. You may continue to use the physical plastic cards.
You May Also Watch
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.