alexa

Search in Indianmoney's WealthPedia

Home Articles What is SBI Cards IPO?

What is SBI Cards IPO?

IndianMoney.com Research Team | Posted On Thursday, February 20,2020, 05:57 PM

5.0 / 5 based on 2 User Reviews

What is SBI Cards IPO?

 

 

SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited which was incorporated in the year 1998, is a subsidiary of SBI. The State Bank of India is the largest lender in India. SBI Cards is the second largest credit card issuer in India with around 18% market share in the Indian credit card market.

SBI Cards offers credit cards in the lifestyle, rewards, shopping, fuel and travel space. It has tie-ups with leading names like Air India, Apollo Hospitals, BPCL, OLA money, IRCTC and so on.

You can subscribe to SBI Credit Cards IPO from March 2nd to March 5th 2020. The shares would be credited to your demat account on March 13th 2020. The shares of SBI Cards get listed on NSE and BSE on or around March 16th 2020.

Want to know more on Investment Planning? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.

What is SBI Cards IPO?

SBI Cards enjoys the power of the SBI distribution network.  It is also India’s second largest credit card issuer with solid industry experience and track record of growth and profitability. SBI holds 76% stake in SBI Cards and the remaining 24% is held by the Carlyle Group.

See Also: Best Investment Plans for Millennials in 2020

The SBI Cards Price Band is likely to be in the Rs 745-775 Range.

SBI shareholders enjoy reservation in SBI Cards IPO:

If you hold SBI shares as on 18th February 2020 (This is the date of filling Red Herring Prospectus); you can apply under the shareholders category for SBI Cards IPO. If you apply under both shareholders and retail category, you get Rs 2 Lakhs in SBI shareholders category and another Rs 2 Lakhs in retail category.

SBI employees reservation in SBI Cards IPO:

If you are an SBI employee, the maximum limit you can apply for is Rs 5 Lakhs. If SBI IPO is oversubscribed under the employee category, a maximum bid of Rs 2 Lakhs will be accepted.

See Also: Basics of Financial Planning

Strength of the credit card market in India:

The credit card industry in India will grow 2.5 times in the next 5 years. Millennials are spending heavily with credit cards and credit card spends are growing at a CAGR of 32% from FY 2015 to FY 2019 to reach 6 Lakh Crores. It should grow at a healthy rate and soon reach 15 Lakh Crores by 2024.

SBI Cards Financials:

Will SBI Cards be a multibagger?

If you believe the grey market, SBI Cards IPO is trading at a 40% premium to the projected IPO price band in the grey market. A strong oversubscription is expected for SBI Cards IPO.

See Also: Best Investment Plan For 3 years

Existing SBI shareholders have a strong chance of allotment under the SBI shareholders category. SBI Cards has been enjoying strong growth in the last 4-5 years. It’s expected to be a multibagger on the lines of IRCTC.

You May Also Watch

Iframe Content

Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.

Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.

Be Wise, Get Rich.

What is your Credit Score? Get FREE Credit Score in 1 Minute!

Get Start Now!
CIBIL Meter
Get It now!
Attention!

This is to inform that Suvision Holdings Pvt Ltd ("IndianMoney.com") do not charge any fees/security deposit/advances towards outsourcing any of its activities. All stake holders are cautioned against any such fraud.