You must have read about the heart-breaking incident where a 19 year old boy committed suicide, when he came to know his class 12 certificates were destroyed in the Kerala floods. This boy Kailash, who hails from Karanthur in the Kozhikode district, had shifted with parents to a relief camp, as his house was waterlogged.
Kailash visited his house on Sunday when there was a break in the rains, only to find his class 12 certificates destroyed in the floods. In desperation, Kailash committed suicide.
Kailash had secured admission in an Industrial Training Institute (ITI) and had even saved for higher studies. Kailash committed suicide just because his documents were destroyed in the floods. Let’s take a look at what you must do if documents are destroyed in floods.
Want to know more on Home Insurance? We at IndianMoney.com will make it easy for you. Just give us a missed call on 022 6181 6111 to explore our unique Free Advisory Service. IndianMoney.com is not a seller of any financial products. We only provide FREE financial advice/education to ensure that you are not misguided while buying any kind of financial products.
You May Also Watch:
What to Do If Your Important Documents Are Lost In Floods?
1. What happens if class 12 certificates are destroyed in floods?
- Approach the nearest police station and mention the loss of the Class 12 certificates in the floods.
- Get a copy of the FIR and intimate the College on the loss of the class 12 certificate.
- Give details like year of passing PUC and get a certification from the Principal of the College, an affidavit and give an application seeking a duplicate marks card to the Director/Commissioner of the PUC Department. You then pay the prescribed fees.
- Publish a notification in the lost and found Section of a leading National Daily regarding the loss of the class 12 certificate as some colleges insist on this.
2. What happens if you lose home title documents in floods?
- Approach the police station and mention the loss of home title documents.
- Register an FIR for the loss of home title deeds.
- Place a notice in 2 leading newspapers regarding the loss of home title documents. One of the newspapers must be in English and the other can be a vernacular language.
- Approach the office of the concerned sub-registrar of assurances and get a certified copy of the original home title.
If you have lost the home loan agreement made with the bank or the lender, inform the bank immediately and have a new one drawn up.
SEE ALSO: Kerala Floods: How To Protect Your Car?
3. What happens if you lose mutual fund documents in floods?
- You must visit the websites of the registrar and transfer agents like CAMS and use the mail-back services option to get a consolidated statement of holdings.
- Call Mutual Fund House toll free number, give the PAN and ask that the statement of holdings be mailed to you.
4. What happens if you lose life insurance documents in floods?
- Get in touch with the life insurer and submit a declaration stating you have lost the life insurance policy documents on an indemnity bond. Also give your photograph and an identity proof like PAN.
- The life insurer will re-issue a duplicate policy bond.
- If you have lost life insurance policy documents in the Kerala Floods, you only need to submit a photo ID Proof and a letter stating that you have lost policy documents in the floods.
SEE ALSO: Kerala Floods: How To Protect Your Home?
5. What happens if you lose health insurance documents in floods?
- Get in touch with the health insurer and submit the indemnity bond.
- If you know the insurance policy number, contact the insurer and quote this number. You then initiate the process for securing the policy document.
- Insurers will authenticate your identity and then mail the soft copy of the health insurance documents. The physical copies of health insurance documents will be sent to your residential address.
Well, you or any policyholder must share the date of birth or the registered mobile or email ID. All information will be retrieved in an instant.
With digitization, the loss of documents however important is not much of a problem. A policy is always available online.
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Be Wise, Get Rich.