What is Akshaya Tritiya?
Akshaya Tritiya is also known as Akti or Akha Teej. Akshaya Tritiya is an annual spring festival of Hindus and Jains. It falls on the third lunar day (Tithi) of the bright Half (Shukla Paksha) of Vaisakha month.
Akshaya Tritiya is celebrated by Hindus and Jains. It signifies the "third day of unending prosperity". Akshaya Tritiya date varies and is as per the lunisolar Hindu calendar. It usually falls in the months of April or May in the Gregorian calendar.
Why Buy Gold on Akshaya Tritiya?
India’s love for gold never dies. India is one of the biggest consumers of gold in the World. India’s gold reserves are over 550 tonnes and the total gold in the country is estimated to be about 20,000 tonnes. With such addiction to gold, it is safe to say that Indians don’t really need occasions to buy gold. An auspicious day will only add to this love for gold. Gold sales peak on Akshaya Tritiya.
Millions of Indian households purchase gold on this auspicious day as it is believed that investing in gold on this day signifies the start of a new beginning. Investments made on Akshaya Tritiya are believed to bring prosperity and gold, which is believed to be an ideal investment in India, is purchased across the country.
Apart from the aspect of auspiciousness, it's also the utilization and reputation of being a great investment option.
Auspicious Time to Buy Gold on Akshaya Tritiya 2019
As per the Drik Panchang, the auspicious time to buy gold and Puja Mahurat are as mentioned below:
Significance of Akshaya Tritiya
Following is the significance of Akshaya Tritiya:
- Akshaya Tritiya is the day when Treta Yuga started. The Treta Yuga is the second Yuga and is significant vis-à-vis the birth of Lord Vishnu’s incarnations in the form of Lord Vamana, Lord Parasurama and Lord Ram.
- Ved Vyas and Lord Ganesh started writing Mahabharat.
- Akshaya Tritiya is believed to be the day on which Pandavas discovered weapons that helped them defeat Kauravas.
- Akshaya Tritiya is believed to be the day on which Lord Kubera along with Goddess Lakshmi, received the position of custodian of wealth and riches.
- Purchasing gold on Akshaya Tritiya signifies the increase in good fortune.
SEE ALSO: Buy Gold Of 99.5% Purity This Akshaya Tritiya
Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2019
- Makara Sankranti: 15th January 2019
- Ugadi/Gudi Padwa: 6th April 2019
- Diwali/Dhanteras: 25th October 2019
- Pushyami: Pushya Nakshatra is a major festival in India. People believe it’s good to make financial transactions on this day. The transaction can be buying gold, land or any other business investment. Due to this reason, gold sales would generally be high on this day. It is considered to be one of the most auspicious days in Hindu scriptures as Goddess Lakshmi is believed to have been born on this day. This festival is celebrated on numerous days across the year.
Below is the list of days when Pushya Nakshatra is celebrated in 2019:
- Akshaya Tritiya: 7th May 2019
- Dussehra: 8th October 2019
- Navaratri: 29th September 2019 to 7th October 2019
- Balipratipada: 28th October 2019
Which God is worshipped on Akshaya Tritiya?
- Devotees of Vishnu worship the deity on this day. Charity is done by giving away ghee, rice, salt, vegetables, fruits and clothes to the deprived sections of society. Tulsi water is sprayed all around the house.
- In the Eastern part of India, this day is observed as the first ploughing day for the upcoming season of the harvest. For businessmen, Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi are worshipped before starting a new audit book for the financial year. This is popularly known as 'halkhata'.
- On this day, most households purchase gold and gold jewelry as gold is a symbol of good fortune and wealth.
- New business ventures and construction are started on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Other rituals include taking a holy dip in the Ganges, offering barley into a sacred fire and making donations and offerings.
- Jain saints complete a year long tapasya on Akshaya Tritiya and end their worship by consuming sugarcane juice.
- Performing spiritual activities, meditation and chanting holy mantras are considered important in ensuring good fortune in the future.
- Devotees of lord Krishna embalm the deity with sandalwood paste. It is believed that on doing so, the person is bound to reach heaven after his or her death.
SEE ALSO: Should You Buy Gold This Akshaya Tritiya?
You May Also Watch
Keep your Financial Cognizance up to date with IndianMoney App. Download NOW for simple tips & solutions for your financial wellbeing.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on Indianmoney.com review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.
Be Wise, Get Rich.