How to file ITR with 2 Form 16's?

I am 40 years married with a daughter and residing in Bidar. I had changed my job in the last financial year and I now have 2 Form 16's. I plan to e-file my ITR all by myself. I am confused as I don't know how to file ITR with 2 Form 16's. Kindly advise?

Asked by : Surendra - Bidar | 451 Views

If you plan to e-file your returns on the income tax website all by yourself, you will have to first get both the Form 16's with you. Your employers have given you Form 16 which will have details such as gross total income from salary, tax deducted at source and deductions under 80C. 1. First, you have to pick the right ITR form and then provide general information such as address, full name and whether revised or original ITR. 2. In the income details section, you need to enter income from salary. Here you will have to manually add the income from both the companies. You will get the details in the Form 16's. 3. Once added, you have to give your deduction details under 80C. Then the system will compute the tax payable. 4. Once computed, in the next page you will get details of tax deducted at source from salary. In case the new employer details are not mentioned, you have the option to add it. You can now verify the taxes paid and also get details of refund or amount payable if any. You can reconcile the details of the taxes paid through Form 26AS which is available on the income tax website.