In Karnataka's Prasad Poisoning Case, Number Of Dead Rises To 13
Sunday, December 16, 2018, 6:16 PM
Two more people who ate prasad at a temple in Karnataka's Chamarajnagar died on Sunday, taking the death toll to 13. The condition of two other patients was reported to be critical. Earlier, authorities had said that a poisonous substance may have gotten mixed with the rice prasad as there was a dispute between two groups.
Woman dies from food poisoning after eating uncooked chicken
Monday, July 30, 2018, 7:36 PM
Food poisoning can cause drastic consequences for health and may even turn out to be fatal. Eating uncooked chicken isn’t common but it hasn’t been associated with serious health concerns as well. But a woman 37-year-old triathlete died within 36 hours of consuming just a mouthful of raw chicken after her condition deteriorated due to food poisoning.
Lakshmivara Tirtha Swami of Shiroor Mutt passes away in Udupi
Thursday, July 19, 2018, 10:07 AM
Lakshmivara Tirtha Swamiji of Shiroor Mutt (one of the Ashta Mutts of Udupi) passed away on Thursday. Shiroor Mutt seer had been admitted to the KMC hospital in Udupi following severe health complications occurring apparently due to food poisoning. Lakshmivara Tirtha Swamiji (55) was the 30th pontiff of the mutt. He was initiated at the age of 8 years in June 1971.